The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

We're talking about men's wreck ball here. They almost never have coaches. And when they do, the coaches are complete idiots. So when talking to men's wreck ball coaches, I keep my dialog very simple, very short. I only use phrases like, "there's the door." Come to think of it, that's the ONLY phrase I use with them.

Last edited by Back In The Saddle; Wed Oct 15, 2008 at 10:57am.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bill View Post
Saddle - It really bothers me not to see the ref hustling. But, according to you, I have no legitimate gripe. Because, every time I ask the ref to hustle from the backcourt to the frontcourt, he tells me he's not missing anything, he had a good view from back there, etc.... I've never heard a ref say, yeh, I missed that because I didn't hustle into position.

I think I it's a legitimate request (gripe) to ask the ref to be professional.
Totally disrespectful, If you ever said that to me.....WHACK
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

If you walk up and down the court, don't get into position, and you whack me when I ask you about it, then I'll take it. Saddle was referring to Rec ball, and I'm referring to NFHS. I agree there's a difference in level of expectation.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bill View Post
If you walk up and down the court, don't get into position, and you whack me when I ask you about it, then I'll take it. Saddle was referring to Rec ball, and I'm referring to NFHS. I agree there's a difference in level of expectation.
i don't know about that, is there a difference in pay? if you are taking the check put forth the effort...actually i don't get how you can turn it on and turn it off, imho you risk picking up bad habits if you aren't putting out every time you take the floor...
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
We're talking about men's wreck ball here. They almost never have coaches. And when they do, the coaches are complete idiots. So when talking to men's wreck ball coaches, I keep my dialog very simple, very short. I only use phrases like, "there's the door." Come to think of it, that's the ONLY phrase I use with them.
I don't even bother talking to coaches in men's wreck league. There's no point for them anyway. As soon as someone introduces themselves to me as the team's coach, I automatically shut them out. I've thrown out more of these so-called "coaches" than players.