View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 09, 2008, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
Playing Officials

So believe it or not, but I actually play in wreck league. Only reason I am playing is cause I get to play for free but that's another story. Anyways, my question is how to handle an officiating crew who is just flat out horrible. This crew was probably the worst I have ever seen. They're mis-applying rules left and right, not calling much of anything, constantly out of position, etc. The sad thing is they are both in the HS association with me and should know better.

Now I never, ever say anything to any official at all. My philosophy is it's like a fraternity and we all have to stick together. My teammates and the other team just can't take it anymore though. They all know I officiate and so they are all asking me to go tell the crew what they are doing wrong, help them out, etc. I tell them I won't do it cause it's not my game and they are the ones working it.

Should I have said something to them? Maybe after the game? Should I call my assignor and let them know these two are having trouble? I'm just unsure how to approach this situation and I don't want to burn any bridges.