The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 08:49am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
You have to belong to the NFOA. If you're in a "100% participation state", then you're automatically a member.
I'm not a member, but I can still access the site through the link. I did notice, however, that it's the '06-'07 rulebook.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williebfree
For our newer forum members.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
with 3,790 posts reponds...blah, blah, blah........
Why did you spoil it for the newbies?
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Here's a different sit:

Ball OOB on the sideline but right at the corner where the endline meets the sideline. Player inbounding the ball steps along the endline - still OOB - before releasing the ball. Just picture the player standing OOB on the sideline at the corner of the court and stepping towards the court but remaining OOB because the foot is on the side of the endline. If the sideline continued past the endline they would have stepped over that extended line.

Because there was no defensive pressure, I let it go but after I thought about it a little, I may have chunked it.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 10:26am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Why did you spoil it for the newbies?
Happy now?
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 10:29am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by stosh
Here's a different sit:

Ball OOB on the sideline but right at the corner where the endline meets the sideline. Player inbounding the ball steps along the endline - still OOB - before releasing the ball. Just picture the player standing OOB on the sideline at the corner of the court and stepping towards the court but remaining OOB because the foot is on the side of the endline. If the sideline continued past the endline they would have stepped over that extended line.

Because there was no defensive pressure, I let it go but after I thought about it a little, I may have chunked it.
I follow ya. I got nutin'.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

What if B1 reaches across the boundary line and fouls the inbounder? What is the call?

Adding to the "What if".... the foul occurs during an Alt. Possession throw-in?
Technical foul on B1?
If during alt poss throw in, ball goes back to Team A?
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblehman
Technical foul on B1?
Rule 9-2-11 ('06-07) see penalty 4
Art. 11... The opponent(s) of the thrower shall not have any part of his/her person through the inbounds side of the throw-in boundary-line plane until the ball has been released on a throw-in pass.
Note: The thrower may penetrate the plane provided he/she does not touch the inbounds area before the ball is released on the throw-in pass. The opponent in this situation may legally touch or grasp the ball.
PENALTIES:
1.The first violation of the throw-in boundary-line plane by an opponent(s) of the thrower shall result in a team warning for delay being given (one delay warning per team per game). The warning does not result in the loss of the opportunity to move along the end line when and if applicable.
2.The second or additional violations will result in a technical foul assessed to the offending team. See 10-1-10 Penalty.
3.If an opponent(s) of the thrower reaches through the throw-in boundary-line plane and touches or dislodges the ball while in possession of the thrower or being passed to a teammate outside the boundary line (as in 7-5-7), a technical foul shall be charged to the offender. No warning for delay required. See 10-3-11 Penalty.
4.If an opponent(s) of the thrower reaches through the throw-in boundary-line plane and fouls the thrower, an intentional personal foul shall be charged to the offender. No warning for delay required.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Is it out of bounds if the thrower under the basket hits the net or the rim?
Or at halfcourt throws a pass and it hits the rim? I swear I've seen that happen a few times and it hasn't been called out. But I think I remember seeing it called out when a player threw a pass that hit the net under his basket.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 03:29pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpbreeze
Is it out of bounds if the thrower under the basket hits the net or the rim?
Or at halfcourt throws a pass and it hits the rim? I swear I've seen that happen a few times and it hasn't been called out. But I think I remember seeing it called out when a player threw a pass that hit the net under his basket.
The net, rim, basket, etc are all inbounds. How can anyone possibly call them OOB?

If a shot hits the net or rim, would anyone ever call it OOB?
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

I've had a couple of refs tell me the net was out of bounds on a throw in and others who said it wasn't so I was confused on it. Luckily I haven't called it
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

If there is a made basket off an inbounds does the other team get the ball at the thrown in spot?
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 05:53pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:
If there is a made basket off an inbounds does the other team get the ball at the thrown in spot?
Huh?
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 06:03pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
If the thrower throws the ball so that it enters the basket prior to being touched by any player on the court, it is a throwin violation and the opposing team will get the ball from the spot from where the thrower released the ball.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2008, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

What if B1 reaches across the boundary line and fouls the inbounder? What is the call?

Adding to the "What if".... the foul occurs during an Alt. Possession throw-in?
I believe this would be an intentional foul on B1.
As for adding the wrinkle of the AP, after A1's FT's, Team A gets the ball back at the same spot for a throw-in BUT the arrow stays "A" after the throw-in is completed.
Old Sat Feb 02, 2008, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblehman
Technical foul on B1?
If there's a T on B1, the ball will always go back to A. Of course, it'll be a midcourt opposite the table, and it will follow two free throws.