View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 31, 2008, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblehman
Thanks, fellas. That's what I thought. I don't have my rule book with me here at work, so I'm looking for an example in my case book. At any rate, I now know for sure it's a violation.

Follow-up:
After a made basket by Team A, B1 can grab the ball and throw it to B2 who is also out of bounds on the end line, and B2 can then legally inbound it. But after a stoppage of play, this cannot be done. Am I correct?
If stoppage of play is because of a time out or as described below and the throw-in is still the endline, Team B retains this priviledge.

Rule 7-5-7
Art. 7... After a goal or awarded goal as in 7-4-3, the team not credited with the score shall make the throw-in from the end of the court where the goal was made and from any point outside the end line. A team retains this privilege if the scoring team commits a violation or common foul (before the throw-in ends and before the bonus is in effect) and the ensuing throw-in spot would have been on the end line. Any player of the team may make a direct throw-in or he/she may pass the ball along the end line to a teammate(s) outside the boundary line.