The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 13, 2006, 02:50pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf
This text is clear. This is also not in the excerpt you posted before and referenced as being clear. This would make the whole excerpt clearer. Especially the large font size.
Well, if you go back to page 1 of this thread and reference my post of Monday, September 25th., at 7:42pm--- iow about 18 days ago- you will find that I posted the exact same rules excerpt as above verbatim. Geeze, how many times do I have to post it?

And the statement couldn't be any clearer either imo. The problem seems to be that btaylor doesn't want to believe what was printed in the rule book. There's a whole buncha rules that I don't like either; that doesn't make 'em wrong.
Old Sat Oct 21, 2006, 04:54pm
Courageous When Prudent

Over-ruling 3-pointers, revisited...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Err....say what?

I certainly agree with the highlighted statements.

But....where does it say that if I'm 110% sure that the shooter's foot wasn't on the line and the call was in my primary, that you can just go ahead and over-rule me and say the foot was on the line?

If anybody ever tried to pre-game that one with me, I'd tell 'em to go find another partner. Homey don't play dat game!
Was cleaning out my officiating binder and came across the NFHS Basketball Guide '05-06. On page 11 is an article titled Changing the Cal on a Three-Point Attempt. A few quotes:
  • "The correcting official should stop the clock, signal a two-point attempt (point to the spot of the shot with arm and two fingers extended, then signal two points at about head height to the scorer) and simultaneously verbalize that the shooter's foot was on or over the three-point arc."
  • "There's no need to huddle together with your partner(s) to confer. If you clearly saw the play, there's nothing to talk about. Getting together adds confusion..."
  • "Discuss changing successful three-point field goals in your pregame conference with your partner(s)."