The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 16, 2006, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ref5678
Nfhs ? # 8

hey guys i know the facilty must have an X in front of the official scorer per 1-17, but their is no penalty listed so is it safe to assume that a T- foul would not be assesed, or am i missing something somewhere.
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 03:41am
In Memoriam

Ah, I see that you're referring to #8 in the new 2006-07 NFHS Part 1 exam. You're not missing anything. The correct answer is "No". That's according to the answer grid btw.
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 03:34pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

If you're playing by FEEBLE rules, does the X have to be in the metric alphabet?
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 03:53pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
If you're playing by FEEBLE rules, does the X have to be in the metric alphabet?
Actually, under FIBA rules, the X is a Roman numeral. They just enlarged the size of the spot; it used to be IX.

It's true, it's true....
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone have the test in electronic format that they can send me?
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 08:45pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Anyone have the test in electronic format that they can send me?
I've got it. You ain't getting it.

As soon as you got it, it would be all over the net...along with the answers....just like you've done the last few years.

Nothing ever changes with you.
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to drinkeii
Wouldn't really make a difference... if you spent the $20 (at least that is what it used to be) for the Rules Study course on CD-ROM, they have the last 5 years of tests, both versions, with answers... since the NFHS repeats the majority of the test questions from year to year, studying these would do exactly the same as getting the most recent version of the test. I would say 85% of the questions from year to year are repeated.

I'm not condoning passing on copied test materials. Just saying that the questions and answers are not nearly as secret as some people would think.
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 11:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkeii
Wouldn't really make a difference... if you spent the $20 (at least that is what it used to be) for the Rules Study course on CD-ROM, they have the last 5 years of tests, both versions, with answers... since the NFHS repeats the majority of the test questions from year to year, studying these would do exactly the same as getting the most recent version of the test. I would say 85% of the questions from year to year are repeated.

I'm not condoning passing on copied test materials. Just saying that the questions and answers are not nearly as secret as some people would think.

Why don't you keep your old tests? If this is the case.
Old Mon Sep 18, 2006, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref5678
hey guys i know the facilty must have an X in front of the official scorer per 1-17, but their (sic) is no penalty listed so is it safe to assume that a T- foul would not be assesed, or am i missing something somewhere.
As you wrote, the NFHS rules currently provide no penalty for violating this requirement.

However, I believe that the NCAA rules call for an indirect technical foul against the home team for such failures. Failing to have the division line properly marked is another example.

I'm not 100% sure though, so someone else will have to confirm this. Hey, since this is NCAA rules, this would be a great question for Rut to answer!
Old Mon Sep 18, 2006, 12:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie
I do.
Old Mon Sep 18, 2006, 12:58am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkeii

There's one helluva difference between studying and copying. Using one way, you actually learn the rules while studying; the other way,you learn zip and it's just cheating.

Won't matter anyway. The answers for both Part I and II will come out before everyone has written the exam across the country, and members of this forum will give 'em out to anyone who asks for 'em. Happens every year and it's the same people usually. Sad.
Old Mon Sep 18, 2006, 06:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to drinkeii
Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie
We don't have that option - in PA, you take the test once, and if you pass, you don't have to take it again. You don't get to keep your test - you have to turn it in with the answers.