The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 26, 2002, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

I am interested in High School Football rules . Does anyone know of a web site with a data base of NFHS rules & case book(s) . Something to call up different situations or entering key words to take you to a historian file. Something like this would be a great shortcut. I have no problem reading the hardcopy book but sometimes I get off track and spend time reviewing rules other than my original intention .

Old Thu Dec 26, 2002, 07:50pm
Official Forum Member

I am not aware of a website that has these things available for to look at. However, there is a place where you can order a CD for $25.00 and its really great.

The CD has the Rulebook, Casebook, and the illustrated manual as well. You can do keyword searches on anything you like. Its really a great study tool. It also has an exam feature where you can test yourself. And if you miss the question, it will take you directly to the part of the rule book where you can see why you missed it. Its worth the $25.00 and more.

Here is the address...WWW.RULES-STUDY.COM

P.S.
All the guys on this forum are chipping in to purchase one of these for Derock. So, if you want a free one, just start running your mouth to some of these guys and act like you don't know anything. After a while, they will probably take up an offering for you too... LOL,,,,just kidding.

Hope this helps you.

The Doctor
Old Thu Dec 26, 2002, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Thank you Doc. I'm looking forward to working the CD during the off season.

Old Thu Dec 26, 2002, 09:47pm
Official Forum Member

That demo was pretty neat (I missed a question though). When do they come out with the 2003 CD? Do they have to wait for the NFHS to announce their rule changes or are they privi to the inside dope?

Do they have one for NCAA rules? I'm applying this year.
Old Thu Dec 26, 2002, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

AB,
I don't think they are privi to any inside information. I believe this guy has to wait until the rule changes are anounced and then he does the next CD. The CD is really a cool thing to have when you're studying for the rules exam. I'm not sure how other states do the exam, but here in South Carolina we don't take the NFHS exam. Our commisioner of officials makes the exam. And trust me guys, its usually very tough. You have to really be extra careful, because he can be very TRICKY at times. I may have to put some of his questions on here for ya sometime, so you can see what I mean.

The bad part about the CD is that the new one usually isn't available until summertime. We have our rules exam in late july. I hate to order the new CD and not have full use of it for preparation on the exam. But when it comes out, it will have all the rules changes.

As for NCAA, I don't think this guy does a CD for that. I think he is a High School official. But I know exactly where you're coming from, I'm considering applying for small college this year as well.

The Doctor
Old Fri Dec 27, 2002, 08:15am
Official Forum Member

you can update the rules on that cd by yourself. he tells you on his web site that some rules have changed . If you go to athletic rules study(run a search, because im not sure if thats the web site name) i think hes like two years behind on his cd's regarding nfhs rules. so you just keep updating them yourself.
Old Fri Dec 27, 2002, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

He's up to date on the rules changes. I have a friend who just purchased the 2002 edition and it does have the rules changes on it.

But when 2003 comes out it will be so late that you won't really have it for very long before the exam. I suppose you could edit it yourself. I've never really tried to do that.

The Doctor