The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Nfhs ? # 8 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/28328-nfhs-8-a.html)

ref5678 Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:37pm

Nfhs ? # 8

hey guys i know the facilty must have an X in front of the official scorer per 1-17, but their is no penalty listed so is it safe to assume that a T- foul would not be assesed, or am i missing something somewhere.

Jurassic Referee Sun Sep 17, 2006 03:41am

Ah, I see that you're referring to #8 in the new 2006-07 NFHS Part 1 exam. You're not missing anything. The correct answer is "No". That's according to the answer grid btw.

Mark Padgett Sun Sep 17, 2006 03:34pm

If you're playing by FEEBLE rules, does the X have to be in the metric alphabet? :confused:

Jurassic Referee Sun Sep 17, 2006 03:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
If you're playing by FEEBLE rules, does the X have to be in the metric alphabet? :confused:

Actually, under FIBA rules, the X is a Roman numeral. They just enlarged the size of the spot; it used to be IX.

It's true, it's true....

WhistlesAndStripes Sun Sep 17, 2006 08:35pm

Anyone have the test in electronic format that they can send me?

Jurassic Referee Sun Sep 17, 2006 08:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Anyone have the test in electronic format that they can send me?

I've got it. You ain't getting it.

As soon as you got it, it would be all over the net...along with the answers....just like you've done the last few years.

Nothing ever changes with you.

drinkeii Sun Sep 17, 2006 09:48pm

Wouldn't really make a difference... if you spent the $20 (at least that is what it used to be) for the Rules Study course on CD-ROM, they have the last 5 years of tests, both versions, with answers... since the NFHS repeats the majority of the test questions from year to year, studying these would do exactly the same as getting the most recent version of the test. I would say 85% of the questions from year to year are repeated.

I'm not condoning passing on copied test materials. Just saying that the questions and answers are not nearly as secret as some people would think.

truerookie Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by drinkeii
Wouldn't really make a difference... if you spent the $20 (at least that is what it used to be) for the Rules Study course on CD-ROM, they have the last 5 years of tests, both versions, with answers... since the NFHS repeats the majority of the test questions from year to year, studying these would do exactly the same as getting the most recent version of the test. I would say 85% of the questions from year to year are repeated.

I'm not condoning passing on copied test materials. Just saying that the questions and answers are not nearly as secret as some people would think.

Why don't you keep your old tests? If this is the case.

Nevadaref Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref5678
hey guys i know the facilty must have an X in front of the official scorer per 1-17, but their (sic) is no penalty listed so is it safe to assume that a T- foul would not be assesed, or am i missing something somewhere.

As you wrote, the NFHS rules currently provide no penalty for violating this requirement.

However, I believe that the NCAA rules call for an indirect technical foul against the home team for such failures. Failing to have the division line properly marked is another example.

I'm not 100% sure though, so someone else will have to confirm this. Hey, since this is NCAA rules, this would be a great question for Rut to answer! :D

Nevadaref Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by truerookie

I do. ;)

Jurassic Referee Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by drinkeii
Wouldn't really make a difference... if you spent the $20 (at least that is what it used to be) for the Rules Study course on CD-ROM, they have the last 5 years of tests, both versions, with answers... since the NFHS repeats the majority of the test questions from year to year, <font color = red>studying these would do exactly the same as getting the most recent version of the test</font>. I would say 85% of the questions from year to year are repeated.

There's one helluva difference between studying and copying. Using one way, you actually learn the rules while studying; the other way,you learn zip and it's just cheating.

Won't matter anyway. The answers for both Part I and II will come out before everyone has written the exam across the country, and members of this forum will give 'em out to anyone who asks for 'em. Happens every year and it's the same people usually. Sad.

drinkeii Mon Sep 18, 2006 06:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by truerookie

We don't have that option - in PA, you take the test once, and if you pass, you don't have to take it again. You don't get to keep your test - you have to turn it in with the answers.