The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 27, 2000, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Question

Last year someone posted a URL on the net where we could get the entire NFHS Rulebook. Is it available this year? (I get it in book form like everyone else, but it's kinda nice to have a digital copy as well. I took last year's book and converted it to a text file that I can read on my Palm device. I can flip open my Palm and study BB rules any time, whether I'm waiting for a meeting or riding with someone in a car. Works great!)
Old Wed Dec 27, 2000, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

ARS and eCourt

I beleive the NF has been successful in forcing local associations to remove postings of the rules from the Internet. They if have a legal notice in the front of the ruel book forbidding it's posting on the web.

For those who have the ARS program, the Rulebook and Casebook is on the cd-rom. You can copy the help files to your hard drive and have ready access to them without having the cd in the drive. Just copy the 2000_HS_Basketball folder to your hard drive and and place shortcuts to the help files, found in the folder, on your desktop.

Has anyone purchased the IAABO's eCourt program? If so, what's it like and is it worth the expense?
Old Wed Dec 27, 2000, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Thumbs up IAABO program

I saw a demo of it at the state clinic this year. I think it is a great program. I don't know about it's use for pregamming unless you do as you are suppose to and get to the site an hour early. With a laptop it works very slowly because of the use of the mouse.
Old Thu Dec 28, 2000, 12:01am
Official Forum Member

There's a demo on the IAABO web site that seems pretty cool. But I question the feasibility of trying to use a computer program for your pregame. How many people have a laptop and how many are willing to leave it in a locker room during the game?