Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 23, 2021, 12:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Heed His Advice ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
As we all know, real game situations are not the same as written exam questions ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You can take the information or leave it. Just telling you what I have found and what works ... assignors ...
JRutledge's posts would be a lot more understandable and worthwhile if he were to differentiate between his preferred methods (that have made him a very successful official in more than one sport); and the accepted methods of his local or state associations, as well as his assigners; and the "real" NFHS rules or interpretations (that could possibly apply to a wide range of Forum members).

We all understand the concept of "When in Rome", and of individual things that we do (often in opposition to the NFHS rules and interpretations) that make us, and our local or state colleagues, successful basketball officials.

In the case of JRutledge, one can't argue with his success. It's undeniable. Heed his advice. But as important and educational as his Forum posts are are, can be, and should be, I wish that he would stress when he posts something "NFHS different" that makes him successful, allowing Forum members to easily pick and choose among his posts for his sage career building advice.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Feb 24, 2021 at 11:49am.
Old Wed Feb 24, 2021, 11:48am
Esteemed Forum Member

Kellyanne Conway On The Forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... I wish that he would stress when he posts something "NFHS different" that makes him successful ...
No need to identify judgment calls as being "NFHS different". We all know that judgment calls are inherently subjective and are educated opinions rather than "alternative facts".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)