The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 08, 2020, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

I agree with NevadaRef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
There are, and following the rules wont get you in trouble, but also for any assignor I have worked with using common sense as well depending on the situation with supporting evidence and circumstances they have and always will support such decisions.

Either way you can or cannot go wrong. I have found the really good officials know when to use such judgement and are "right" at the right time.
It has always been drilled in my head that when you apply the rules as written then the assignor has no choice but to back you up. Using common sense can get you out of a jam at certain points of the game, but in the last seconds when your decision will determine who wins and who loses I would go with the letter of the law every time.