The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 22, 2016, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

After all this, Ive realized that I somewhat misread your explanation in that you were saying the crew initially didnt think the play had an impact on the game. Still don't know how that works in a 2 pt game but better understand what you were saying now.

Me culpa.
Old Fri Jan 22, 2016, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
After all this, Ive realized that I somewhat misread your explanation in that you were saying the crew initially didnt think the play had an impact on the game. Still don't know how that works in a 2 pt game but better understand what you were saying now.

Me culpa.
I was also confused by this explanation at first. But after reading some of the additional replies, I think the intent of saying they didn't think it had an impact on the game is referring to the entire play. In other words, the entire inbounding sequence did not have an impact on the game because the official thought that no scoring was possible with 0.2 on the clock.

I initially read it as "whether or not the goal counted had no impact on the game" which is obviously not true based on the score.

But I think the intent was basically saying that the rule was misinterpreted and as a result the entire play didn't (or couldn't) have an impact on the outcome of the game.