The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 14, 2015, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Shoes can't have flashing lights on them.

Mood killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sat Nov 14, 2015, 04:31pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Don't You See Those Black Helicopters Outside Your Window ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Mood killer.
crosscountry55: What did you not understand about:

Quote:
Enough said. End of story. Period.
You do know that the NFHS is continually monitoring this Forum 24/7.

We don't want to give then any crazy ideas about new rules.

Utshay upway.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Nov 14, 2015, 06:54pm
Official Forum Member

6 posts in a row, and 7 out of 8. Maybe a new record for the most posts repeatedly saying the same thing over and over
Old Sat Nov 14, 2015, 08:23pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
6 posts in a row, and 7 out of 8. Maybe a new record for the most posts repeatedly saying the same thing over and over
Yup.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 01:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODog View Post
Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work, as demonstrated by every post you've made in this thread, completely derailing it in the process.

It's not a matter of matching any color on the uniform. If you're not going the black/white/beige route, your bands/sleeves will have to match the predominant color.
I'm not the one who needs help comprehending what is being said.

Someone else said that under the OLD rule, it was not possible to know what all the school colors are. (Since headbands/wristbands under the OLD rule had to match any school color) I replied that all you had to do under the OLD rule is look at their uniforms to figure out what their colors are.

In every other post in this thread I have tried to make the point that the NEW rule says that bands/sleeves/tights/etc have to now match the predominant color on the uniform if they're not black/white/beige. The problem is that others haven't read the NEW rule and decide to post anyway.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 01:16am
Official Forum Member

Here is your first post, ODog:
Quote:
EVERYTHING (sleeves, bands) must be black, white, beige or the predominant color of the uniform.

EVERYTHING (sleeves, bands) must be the same color for all team members.

The items (bands, sleeves), however, do not need to match the predominant color of the uniform. They just need to match each other, for all team members, and be one of the potential four colors listed above.

Hope you get your books soon!
If they're not black/white/beige, they DO have to match the predominant color of the uniform. Maybe in the bolded part above you are saying that they don't have to be the predominant color of the uniform because they can be black/white/beige...you didn't specify that though. 3-5-4a now says "Headbands and wristbands shall be white, black, beige, or the predominant color of the jersey, and shall be the same color for each item and all participants. They must be the same color as any sleeves/tights worn"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Yes, they do. All items have to be the same color for all team members and must be white, black, beige, or the predominate color of the jersey being worn. I'm confused though because your first sentence says they have to be the predominate color of the uniform.
Hey lookie there, I quoted the exact rule again that you seem to think I don't know.

Quote:
All you had to to was look at their uniforms and see if their headbands matched one of the colors on their uniforms. Not that difficult.

"All you HAD to do....."

Had, being past tense, as in the previous rule since that's what I was talking about. And I'm the one who wasn't reading....

Last edited by zm1283; Sun Nov 15, 2015 at 01:18am.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 09:43am
Esteemed Forum Member

Red Is The New Gray ...

Quote:
I replied that all you had to do under the OLD rule is look at their uniforms to figure out what their colors are.
Probably true 99% of the time. My hometown high school colors are blue and white. Some school uniforms have some degree of red, especially the football, baseball, and softball, uniforms. Red is not a school color. Several years ago the new football coach was almost run out of town by a group of alumni old timers for dressing the football team in red helmets.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Nov 15, 2015 at 09:51am.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The problem is that others haven't read the NEW rule and decide to post anyway.
Which is how this whole nonsense thread was started ... by you ... who doesn't have his new rules book.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 11:20am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Which is how this whole nonsense thread was started ... by you ... who doesn't have his new rules book.
letemplay is one without a new rule book.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That's funny since I didn't start the thread, and I posted the new rule verbatim just a few posts up.

Better quit while you're ahead, junior.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Probably true 99% of the time. My hometown high school colors are blue and white. Some school uniforms have some degree of red, especially the football, baseball, and softball, uniforms. Red is not a school color. Several years ago the new football coach was almost run out of town by a group of alumni old timers for dressing the football team in red helmets.
If it's in their uniform, it's a school color for the sake of the OLD headband rule.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 07:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Signed Affidavit ???

Quote:
If it's in their uniform, it's a school color for the sake of the OLD headband rule.
In practicality, I agree with you. That's how I use to handle it in my games. I wasn't going to ask players to prove that the headband was a school color if said color was on any part of their uniform.

For an old written test, citation please. I've given you an example (above) where a color worn on the uniform is definitely not a school color. I know this for a fact. I taught in that school system. I coached in that school system. All three of my children participated in several sports at that high school. The school colors were blue and white. Red was not a school color.

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Nov 15, 2015 at 07:46pm.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 08:19pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
In practicality, I agree with you. That's how I use to handle it in my games. I wasn't going to ask players to prove that the headband was a school color if said color was on any part of their uniform.

For an old written test, citation please. I've given you an example (above) where a color worn on the uniform is definitely not a school color. I know this for a fact. I taught in that school system. I coached in that school system. All three of my children participated in several sports at that high school. The school colors were blue and white. Red was not a school color.
If it's on the uniform, I'm counting it as a school color.
Old Sun Nov 15, 2015, 09:00pm
This IS My Social Life

What Year Is It Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
If it's on the uniform, I'm counting it as a school color.
"Let's Do the Time Warp Again" (RHPS)
Old Mon Nov 16, 2015, 12:37am
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
"Let's Do the Time Warp Again" (RHPS)
I know "school color" is gone.