The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Sleeves, etc '15-'16 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100340-sleeves-etc-15-16-a.html)

letemplay Fri Nov 13, 2015 09:26am

Sleeves, etc '15-'16
 
Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile, do not have '15-'16 books yet, so before posting did a search on this subject, finding the last discussion of the topic was last May, ending in a disagreement between two posters that resulted in a closed thread. Not wanting to start that up again, but now that season is underway, there seems to be (as usual) disagreement in our area over this still. As I understand it, was the final interp that headbands or wristbands must be black, white, or beige, but must also be ALL same color among same team members? And...that if leg or arm sleeves or compression shorts are worn they must also match the headbands or wristbands among teammates? Was it decided that if NO head or wrist bands are worn that then the compression items must still conform to the matching color rule? Is there any language stating ANY of these items (other than an undershirt of course) must match the predominant color of the uniform? Could a team wearing all white unis have kids with black knee or arm sleeves?

ODog Fri Nov 13, 2015 09:36am

EVERYTHING (sleeves, bands) must be black, white, beige or the predominant color of the uniform.

EVERYTHING (sleeves, bands) must be the same color for all team members.

The items (bands, sleeves), however, do not need to match the predominant color of the uniform. They just need to match each other, for all team members, and be one of the potential four colors listed above.

Hope you get your books soon!

bob jenkins Fri Nov 13, 2015 09:38am

Tshirts -- must match the jersey.

All other items (headbands, wrist bands, arm sleeves, leg sleeves) -- must be white, black, beige or jersey color; all must match for all players (on a team)

zm1283 Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 969719)
EVERYTHING (sleeves, bands) must be black, white, beige or the predominant color of the uniform.

EVERYTHING (sleeves, bands) must be the same color for all team members.

The items (bands, sleeves), however, do not need to match the predominant color of the uniform. They just need to match each other, for all team members, and be one of the potential four colors listed above.

Hope you get your books soon!

Yes, they do. All items have to be the same color for all team members and must be white, black, beige, or the predominate color of the jersey being worn. I'm confused though because your first sentence says they have to be the predominate color of the uniform.

On a side rant: Why can't they just settle on a headband/wristband/sleeve rule and stick with it? Why the constant update to the rule EVERY year? The headband rule has actually gotten more strict, since you used to be able to wear headbands that were any school color. Now they have to match the jersey color along with the other items. It's like the committee has nothing else to do so they decide "Hey lets tinker with the headband/sleeve rule again this year for the fun of it".

hoopsaddict Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 969727)
Yes, they do. All items have to be the same color for all team members and must be white, black, beige, or the predominate color of the jersey being worn. I'm confused though because your first sentence says they have to be the predominate color of the uniform.

On a side rant: Why can't they just settle on a headband/wristband/sleeve rule and stick with it? Why the constant update to the rule EVERY year? The headband rule has actually gotten more strict, since you used to be able to wear headbands that were any school color. Now they have to match the jersey color along with the other items. It's like the committee has nothing else to do so they decide "Hey lets tinker with the headband/sleeve rule again this year for the fun of it".

School color is not easily defined for every official walking into a gym to know the official school colors of every school they work.

letemplay Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:21am

Crap, just when I was going to thank you for this clarification, it appears there's still a difference of opinion. Do they or do they NOT have to match the predominate uniform color?

JetMetFan Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 969719)
The items (bands, sleeves), however, do not need to match the predominant color of the uniform. They just need to match each other, for all team members, and be one of the potential four colors listed above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 969727)
Yes, they do. All items have to be the same color for all team members and must be white, black, beige, or the predominate color of the jersey being worn. I'm confused though because your first sentence says they have to be the predominate color of the uniform.

They don't have to be the predominant color of the jersey, however they can be the predominant color of the jersey...

Quote:

3-5-3c All sleeves/tights shall be the same solid color and must be the same color as any headband or wristband worn.

3-5-4a Headbands and wristbands shall be black, white, beige or the predominant color of the jersey and the same color for each item and all participants. They must be the same color as any sleeve/tights worn.

BEAREF Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by letemplay (Post 969734)
Crap, just when I was going to thank you for this clarification, it appears there's still a difference of opinion. Do they or do they NOT have to match the predominate uniform color?

They need to be white, black or beige... If they are any other color than those three it needs to be the predominate color of the jersey.

In my opinion the rule is very easy to understand.

OKREF Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:28am

Headbands, sleeves, wristbands, must be black, white, beige, or the predominate color of the uniform, Headbands, sleeves, wristbands, must be the same color, and all team members must match.

You may not have white sleeves on legs and black headbands. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

BigT Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:42am

This is why it is so hard. The Fashion Policy rules keep changing. With such a complicated rule book and now such a simple rule about this we are over thinking it because that is what we do. Test tries to catch up. The rules try to catch us. The case book tries to catch us. Now we have the simplest rule (finally) on clothing and our minds say it cant be that simple can it?

It is awesome and I pray it will stay this simple for 25 years....

Rob1968 Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT (Post 969739)
This is why it is so hard. The Fashion Policy rules keep changing. With such a complicated rule book and now such a simple rule about this we are over thinking it because that is what we do. Test tries to catch up. The rules try to catch us. The case book tries to catch us. Now we have the simplest rule (finally) on clothing and our minds say it cant be that simple can it?

It is awesome and I pray it will stay this simple for 25 years....

Save your prayers . . . it won't . . . Manufacturers, marketers and other $-concerns will find new and wonderful ways to stretch the rule(s), and aggravate the sensisibilities of all involved . . .

AremRed Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAREF (Post 969736)
In my opinion the rule is very easy to understand.

Me too, but it won't be easy for coaches until about 5 years after the stop changing the rule. :D

letemplay Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAREF (Post 969736)
They need to be white, black or beige... If they are any other color than those three it needs to be the predominate color of the jersey.

In my opinion the rule is very easy to understand.

Exactly, It wasn't hard to understand, and I thought I did, until he contradicted the first poster and said they had to match uniform. Having them ALL same color black, white or beige (never seen beige by the way unless it's dirty white) is certainly the easiest and most sensical ruling.

Freddy Fri Nov 13, 2015 01:14pm

Book 'Em, Danno!
 
In PDF and PowerPoint formats: 2015/16 Fashion Police Regulations

Camron Rust Fri Nov 13, 2015 01:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by letemplay (Post 969749)
Exactly, It wasn't hard to understand, and I thought I did, until he contradicted the first poster and said they had to match uniform. Having them ALL same color black, white or beige (never seen beige by the way unless it's dirty white) is certainly the easiest and most sensical ruling.

I didn't see any actual contradiction....just misunderstanding of what others actually said.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1