The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 15, 2012, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Regardless of who's responsibility it is to award bases it is the entire crew's responsibility to make sure that the rules are applied properly. If I miss-apply a rule I want my partner(s) to inform me of my mistake immediately and I would do likewise.

How embarrassing it must be to have a protest filed because the officiating crew didn't know the rules and how to apply them correctly.
Old Sun Apr 15, 2012, 10:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
Define most areas. I thought it was a decision by states that use FED rules to adopt or not adopt this rule.
The last time we discussed this issue of protests in FEDland, only a few chimed in that protests weren't allowed in their state. Most replied that they are. If you have some kind of inside information to the contrary, why don't you share it with the rest of us? I have searched for public statistics concerning this, and have had no success.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 08:15am
Whack! Get Out!!!

Let's keep it to baseball and not politics please.

Any personal attacks or anything else inappropriate needs to be reported through the board tools.

Thanks,
Brad
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Brad, the moderators have never cared if the guy from Aerosmith personally attacks people.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 09:31am
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
Brad, the moderators have never cared if the guy from Aerosmith personally attacks people.
Well, right now I am the only moderator ... and we are working on getting a team of moderators together along with a revised discussion board.

Anyone interested can email me at [email protected] letting me know their interest.

Thanks,
Brad
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 11:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Let's keep it to baseball and not politics please.

Any personal attacks or anything else inappropriate needs to be reported through the board tools.

Thanks,
Brad
I for one am glad that the board tools of which you speak will once again be utilized as designed.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegosteve View Post
i for one am glad that the board tools of which you speak will once again be utilized as designed.
+1

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 02:06pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
Brad, the moderators have never cared if the guy from Azimuth personally attacks people.
You need to define personal attack. It's happened to me many times, but the difference is I don't whine to the moderators or administrators about it. You've done it several times in the past yourself to me.

IMO, if you whine and cry to others, you don't need on the field calling the game. Perhaps the dugout would be more appropriate.

I'm sure you will take great exception to this post.............as usual.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Azimuth?

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 02:34pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
You need to define personal attack. It's happened to me many times, but the difference is I don't whine to the moderators or administrators about it. You've done it several times in the past yourself to me.

IMO, if you whine and cry to others, you don't need on the field calling the game. Perhaps the dugout would be more appropriate.

I'm sure you will take great exception to this post.............as usual.
I have never seen your name until today, as I don't frequent the baseball boards ... but in every post I have seen of yours so far your tone is awful. When you say things like the above, you are going to rub people the wrong way.

I also wonder why you have a political statement in your signature. Doesn't really seem to serve any purpose other than to cause disputes that have nothing to do with officiating.
Old Wed Apr 18, 2012, 12:11am
In Time Out

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone View Post
"Time", John can I speak to you please. "When a throw from the outfield goes into dead ball territory the award is two bases from the time of throw. The batter-runner had acheived first base and therfore, should be awarded third."

Then give your partner the oppurtunity to make the correct award.

Now being a rookie, I can understand the reluctance in wanting to correct your partner however it is both of your responsibility to get the awards correct.
Perfect! Get the call right! That's officiating!
Old Wed Apr 18, 2012, 12:16am
In Time Out

Exclamation

Quote:
I have never seen your name until today, as I don't frequent the baseball boards ... but in every post I have seen of yours so far your tone is awful. When you say things like the above, you are going to rub people the wrong way.

I also wonder why you have a political statement in your signature. Doesn't really seem to serve any purpose other than to cause disputes that have nothing to do with officiating.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, let's get back to baseball, shall we? That's where the fun is!
Old Wed Apr 18, 2012, 02:57am
In Time Out

Quote:

Every post..................? Did you even read what was directed my way from some? For reasons unknown, I seem to be wrong about everything. Perhaps you should frequent the baseball forum more often. The tone here is totally anything unlike the other forums. It's awful for the most part.

So am I the only one? I've seen some of these guys ride a new poster right off the forum. They call them trolls, worthless, ignorant, etc. IMO, bob let some act like Teflon. Nothing sticks to them. Other posters don't say anything because they don't want to listen to a pack of hyenas. If you would notice, I have never engaged in such practices.

I'll be honest, I've had my share of run-ins with some, but I've never, ever once fired the first shot. I put everything out in the open. You won't get PM's or emails from me complaining. Now if you would like, I can sit back, and report every post I find demeaning. Would you like to listen to me whine? I think not.

I quit umpiring a couple of years ago, but I do like to keep up with different changes and mechanics.

As for my signature line, I can't stand anything remotely associated with what the Republicans have done to this country, in well, the last 11 1/2 years. I follow politics very closely these days because I care about my welfare and future. This country doesn't need another hand puppet like Bush.

Please tell me what you really, really want, and I will try with everything I've got to make this baseball forum better than it ever was before.

Now I've exposed myself for what it's worth. If you care to do the same, I'll be right here listening. Now I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so it would be refreshing to know for once.
Old Wed Apr 18, 2012, 02:58am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Azimuth?
My case in point...................
Old Wed Apr 18, 2012, 08:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
My case in point...................
Really... you considered this a personal attack? You have to have the thinnest skin out there. it was not.

Someone equated your name with Aerosmith... I think that's pretty understandable, right?

You changed someone else's post when quoting them. (Nevermind this is just wrong to do). I have no idea what you were referring to when you changed it to Azimuth... how does Azimuth relate to your name? I really don't know. Hence the question.

NOT a personal attack or even a harsh comment. Just a question.

West Houston Mike
Closed Thread