The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 20, 2010, 10:29pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pot, meet kettle!
I never claimed my training was "better" than anyone else's. I have mentioned my extensive training, but so what? It's not the same thing. I have only mentioned these things when my ability was being called into question, not as the focus of every post. I state it only to establish my credentials, not to lord it over people.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Wed Jan 20, 2010, 11:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
Why was the star catcher ejected? The party line states he was arguing balls and strikes. Not what I saw on video. That catcher was facing the pitcher six feet in front of the plate.
The pitch was in the dirt, the catcher gave the PU the ball and decided to act like a Class 1 arsehole when he ignored the PU after he tried to give him the new ball back. He finally stood up and walked forward the 6 feet you referred to.

A copy of the home game then was appropriately awarded to said catcher.

Then again, maybe applying the principles of chapter 6 of Verbal Judo would have avoided this....

Last edited by asdf; Thu Jan 21, 2010 at 06:41am.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 12:10am
Official Forum Member

Can anyone summarize this 7 page thread for me in one sentence?
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 04:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin View Post
Can anyone summarize this 7 page thread for me in one sentence?
A waste of bandwidth.

I even did it in less than 5 words.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
I never claimed my training was "better" than anyone else's. I have mentioned my extensive training, but so what? It's not the same thing. I have only mentioned these things when my ability was being called into question, not as the focus of every post. I state it only to establish my credentials, not to lord it over people.
That's exactly right.

This 153 guy--the finest umpire of all of us--constantly places himself above virtually all others by degrading the work, status, or mere place in this world of many other umpires. He even takes citations of one's experience and distorts it into boasting, and then makes up boastful remarks and puts them into quotes, like they were ever said.

It's okay when someone is first enjoying familiarity with something, and then immediately portrays himself as an accomplished member of that field. People do it all the time. It's no surprise that this guy would do it also. But as we've seen time and time again, he'll condescend and degrade and disrespect until he runs out of words to misspell. Good heavens, this time he's even taken to starting another screen name character (runem) to ride the high horse with him and agree with everything he posts. That's where it gets a little ridiculous.

More than a just a couple qualified voices here have taken exception to the manner in which pros and 153 blindly support the mistakes of other professionals. It's a poor way to gain from those mistakes, but gaining isn't always the goal for some.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Kevin,

I know you are smart enough to ignore someone on the web that won't put their name to it. Have a great season and will see some of you at the clinic this weekend in LA.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Welcome aboard hootrgibson. Although, I can't shake the feeling we've met before.

May have on the Internet, on some far away political blog...or sports blog. The real me was known to have lived in Upstate NY(Rome) in a world and time far away...but that was 1970-73 during my last days in the Air Force and the year after.

Thanks for the Welcome

Last edited by hootrgibson; Thu Jan 21, 2010 at 12:48pm.