The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 29, 2008, 10:36pm

Okay, it's time for all of us to join hands and sing Cumbaya!

Tim C, you lead us, please...
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Aug 29, 2008, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

From what I've seen here, TimC knows his stuff and teaches it well. His style may not be for everyone. BFD.

As I used to tell college students who complained about certain professor's teaching styles..."You can choose to learn from him or you can find another instructor."

On this board, there seems to be a third alternative that some choose. They whine.
Old Sat Aug 30, 2008, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

Well, "this Tim C. guy" has a big role in training in his association. I do not belong to it, but I work with guys who do, and when I mention his name they all vouch for his wide array of knowledge and straightforward style. He also has taken a key role in training all baseball umpires in his state. I live in his city and though I have never met him I would certainly listen carefully to anything he ever said to me.

And I agree with Ozzy: Nothing can be offensive unless you take it that way.
Old Sat Aug 30, 2008, 02:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire
From what I've seen here, TimC knows his stuff and teaches it well. His style may not be for everyone. BFD.

As I used to tell college students who complained about certain professor's teaching styles..."You can choose to learn from him or you can find another instructor."

On this board, there seems to be a third alternative that some choose. They whine.
A lot of people seem to react just like you--as an exclusive individual, instead of a member of a fraternity.

"Knows his stuff ..." Most certainly; I never said anything to the contrary. "Teaches it well ..."

I'm sorry, ... but there would never be an issue if he were to simply teach it well.

And I can and do learn from anyone. I would love to share this vocation with anyone who could possibly be a credit to the game. And that is exactly what I attempt to do. I just don't accept that there are guys like Tim C. or the guy Griff described who choose to be haughty and exclusive and reflect so dimly on what can otherwise be a fine vocation.

That's all.
Old Sat Aug 30, 2008, 07:02am
Official Forum Member

This threasd has certainly run it's course. I meant to close it last night after I posted my "discard it if you don't agree with it" post. Obviously I hit the wrong button.
Closed Thread