The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 18, 2008, 02:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
I have seen, in higher levels of ball, coaches trying to steal signals by standing close to the foul lines ( I know this is hard to believe, that a coach would try to gain an advantage by bending the rules). In this case, I would definitely move them back into the box. For 'kiddie' level ball, I would probably move the coach back only if he was distracting me or the other participants.

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Wed Jun 18, 2008, 02:31am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino
I have seen, in higher levels of ball, coaches trying to steal signals by standing close to the foul lines ( I know this is hard to believe, that a coach would try to gain an advantage by bending the rules). In this case, I would definitely move them back into the box. For 'kiddie' level ball, I would probably move the coach back only if he was distracting me or the other participants.
And what rule was broken again?

Peace
Old Wed Jun 18, 2008, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
Pick one, the coach in this instance was standing next to 1b, it looked like he was more than willing to walk onto the playing field to get a better view of the catcher. I suggested he return to nearer the coaching box.

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Wed Jun 18, 2008, 08:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino
Pick one, the coach in this instance was standing next to 1b, it looked like he was more than willing to walk onto the playing field to get a better view of the catcher. I suggested he return to nearer the coaching box.
Under the updates (2008) OBR it's simple: back in the box until the batted ball passes you.