LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 15, 2005, 06:07pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm,

Quote:
Originally posted by His High Holiness
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaliix
I imagine if you are in an area that has more umpires than needed, you can get away with mandated arrival 30 minutes before game time. When you are in an area that is chronically short on umpires, you have to accomodate people's schedules in order to put umpires on the field. It has more to do with logistical realities than the quality of the organization.

The NCAA has many more umpires willing to work than games available. They can enforce all kinds of rules that wouldn't fly for NFHS or summer league games.

We are also chronically short of umpires. We feel that it is better to turn away business or raise fees and have a quality product, than to put any old crap onto the field.

Umpires know better than to accept a game that they cannot make 30 minutes prior. I will admit however, that on occasion (usually for rec ball) we give them permission in advance to cut the 30 minute advance showing down to five or ten minutes when that is the only thing that will get them to accept the game. They have to have prior approval for this.

The Arbiter has on-line reporting. Show up five minutes before a game and your partner will make a computer entry in the game report reflecting this so the assignor will know.

Peter
There are times I miss working in a large association with all kinds of rules and opportunities for backstabbing -- then I see a post by Peter and I'm happy with my situation again. Thanks, Peter!
Old Thu Dec 15, 2005, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
deleted by moderator
Where did this come from? Could it be that you bear Rich ill will because he disagreed with your make up call analogy?

I fail to see how Rich's post was in any way a reflection upon you, PWL.

I would imagine that large associations can be a nightmare. It sound's like Rich has had experience with both large and small associations. He was simply stating his opinion. You should learn to respect that.

Tim.

[Edited by bob jenkins on Dec 16th, 2005 at 09:42 AM]
Old Thu Dec 15, 2005, 10:49pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
deleted by moderator
My one and only response to the flame-baiting troll, whose presence here makes this forum resemble McGriff's more and more.

I am who I am, with my name out there for the world to see. You want to think I'm a brown noser, that's great.

But riddle me this -- there are no assigning associations where I live. I get my games directly from league commissioners (HS and college) with whom I communicate solely by email and with whom I don't actually work. So, whose butt am I kissing then?

So it would be better to work a schedule where every move is criticized and reported upon by someone you call your "partner?" Great system, that is.

--Rich

[Edited by bob jenkins on Dec 16th, 2005 at 09:42 AM]
Old Thu Dec 15, 2005, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to umpbrian
Rich

Rich,
I agree wholeheartedly that in a lot of the bigger associations there is more politics and a$$ kissing then truly needs to be, but in our association we have assignment software that the coaches can submit online evaluations for each game with the officials and game info already input for them. One of the questions is did the officials arrive on time and introduce themselves to the game personel. Coaches and umpires alike take a lot of things for granted. One of the reasons why we have never had an issue over pay in our area is our great working relationship with the schools. Coaches like to know that their officials are taken care of and that they do not need to worry about how many they are going to have. I know that in a lot of places in the country travel times are much higher and umpires are not always as plentiful. Just simply stating that this is a minor thing that we try to work hard at to help improve the lines of communication and goodwill with our member schools. I appreciate your comments whether or not they match my own.
Old Fri Dec 16, 2005, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: ????????

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
deleted by moderator
I am trying desperately to figure out why you would just say something so totally idiotic and insulting without provocation. Do you, by chance, suffer from Turret's Syndrome?

[Edited by bob jenkins on Dec 16th, 2005 at 09:41 AM]
You're just as big a fool as you sound.

Anybody want to email SanDiegoChicken can do so at

[email protected] ........real display of class

What's the matter? Get fired for sexual harrasment or discrimation? Hope you get that busboy job at IHop.
PWL,

Tourettes Syndrome doesn't say the half of it. What's wrong with you? You post makes less sense than thomaswhite did just prior to his self destruction.
Old Fri Dec 16, 2005, 08:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
PWL may soon be following Mr. White.

Bob

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 12:31am

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Caught him surfing last night at http://www.umpire.org. Goes by Augie Donatelli. Clicked on his profile. That was the email address he had listed. Probably changed his profile by now. Don't know. Right now he's over there arguing a balk call. Just read the thread. Can't admit he got it wrong. Really funny reading.

Don't think he would admit to having this in his profile. Trust me it was there.

As for Fronheiser. Read lots of posts before I ever made a post here. Found him to be one of the most condensing posters on the forum. First post I make, he pops his big mouth off. Likes to throw the word troll around. Needs to look in mirror.
You "caught me surfing last night?"

What are you, some kind of internet police? You need to really get a life, loser! I go where I please.

I, unlike you, have the cojones to back up whatever I say. I was right about the rule, others were confused. You're just mad at all the people who tried to help you out. It is you that is wrong about nearly everything you post.

I also would not go and change my profile, it remains the same. At that web site, it is suggested by site management to not put in a real e-mail address, so I made one up which I thought was pretty funny. In no way do I want to take your busboy job at Denny's away from you. But leave it to you to be crude enough to actually post it. So, you look like a fool, big deal.

As far as what name I use, people here know what name I use there, and at other sites as well. You're not telling them anything they don't already know, Mr. Shock and Awe.
So why don't you go back to minding everybody elses business, and leave my business the hell alone?

[Edited by SanDiegoSteve on Dec 17th, 2005 at 12:40 AM]
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 12:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Caught him surfing last night at http://www.umpire.org. Goes by Augie Donatelli. Clicked on his profile. That was the email address he had listed. Probably changed his profile by now. Don't know. Right now he's over there arguing a balk call. Just read the thread. Can't admit he got it wrong. Really funny reading.

Don't think he would admit to having this in his profile. Trust me it was there.

As for Fronheiser. Read lots of posts before I ever made a post here. Found him to be one of the most condensing posters on the forum. First post I make, he pops his big mouth off. Likes to throw the word troll around. Needs to look in mirror.
Wow, you really are a gem, PWL. In the words of our own immortal Windy, " english must not be your first language."

Had you spent the time necessary to investigate your facts, you would have found out what all of us have known for quite some time. The moniker Augie Donatelli was the non de' plum of choice for Steve Meyers from SanDiego. The ABUA board was the first board he began posting on several months ago. After recieving some scrutiny from several members of the board for using the name of a famous umpire as a moniker, he changed his alias to SanDiegoSteve, and began posting here as well. He's never denied the fact that he uses another moniker on that board.

Thomas, although only here a short time, made it clear that he was from Alabama. Thomas never opened his e-mail up to this forum. How you can say that his and Steve's are the same is beyond me. There is no possible way for you to know the e-mail address for Thomas.

What I find interesting, is that I don't recall seeing the moniker PWL on the ABUA forum. You admitt you read the board, but what moniker do you post under on that particular board? If you're ready to engage Steve in a rules debate on that forum, I would suggest you step up to the plate and do so. I'll be looking for a PWL in the thread.

Moving on to your disdain for Rich Fronheiser. Can you please provide a link to a thread where he's insulted you. I've never seen one, as far as I can recall anyway. I did see Rich try to explain to you that make up calls are not the thing to do, but it certainly wasn't done in a condescending or insulting manner. You seem to take any criticism, however small, as a personal insult. You need to understand that guys like Rich who post here have been around the block, and around, and back again. You should take into consideration what kind of experience they have, and value their opinions.

For example. You described a balk you innapropriately called. After the first person responded to your post, telling you that you should have handled it better, you argued. After that, another person told you that you were wrong, and you then argued with them. I'm not going to go back and pull up that thread, but I would imagine that at least 6 or 7 people told you that you were wrong, and still you continued to argue. At what point will you admitt that you may have been wrong and move on?

This can be a great place for a new umpire like yourself to learn, if you are not above learning from others.

Tim.

BTW- It was "took" the words right out of my mouth in the song recorded by Meat Loaf.

[Edited by BigUmp56 on Dec 17th, 2005 at 01:00 AM]
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 01:25am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL

Do you mean condescending or do you think I'm an air conditioner?

If you're this thin-skinned on the field, heaven help you. I can't even remember what post you're talking about, and I'm not spending the next hour looking for it. I just spent 12 hours flying home and I'm heading to bed.
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 01:33am

Re: Re: Re: ????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Lyle

PWL,

Tourettes Syndrome doesn't say the half of it. What's wrong with you? You post makes less sense than thomaswhite did just prior to his self destruction.
Bob,

Thank you for the proper spelling of Tourettes. I knew mine was probably wrong, as I was guessing!
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 11:58am

PWL,

There's a song by Eminem called "Big Weenie" and it describes you perfectly.

Please learn how to properly post, by separating my statements of fact in bold, and your non-sensical drivel which follows in regular type.

All anyone was trying to do was help make you a better umpire, but you decided to go postal on everyone. You are the one who thought it would be cute to mention what I do on another web site, as if anyone cared.

The moderator should remove you from this board. JMO.
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL

You "caught me surfing last night?"

What are you, some kind of internet police? You need to really get a life, loser! I go where I please.

I, unlike you, have the cojones to back up whatever I say. I was right about the rule, others were confused. You're just mad at all the people who tried to help you out. It is you that is wrong about nearly everything you post.

I also would not go and change my profile, it remains the same. At that web site, it is suggested by site management to not put in a real e-mail address, so I made one up which I thought was pretty funny. In no way do I want to take your busboy job at Denny's away from you. But leave it to you to be crude enough to actually post it. So, you look like a fool, big deal.

As far as what name I use, people here know what name I use there, and at other sites as well. You're not telling them anything they don't already know, Mr. Shock and Awe.
So why don't you go back to minding everybody elses business, and leave my business the hell alone?

[Edited by SanDiegoSteve on Dec 17th, 2005 at 12:40 AM]
Actually, Steve, from what I managed to catch before the thread was deleted, you may have "thought" about the rule correctly, but what you expressed wasn't correct until Jenkinson "guided" you a bit near the end. You strike me as someone who types before they think things out. I would guess that if you slowed down your reaction time a little, your attempts at rules questions would come off better.
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 01:36pm

Probably. There, how's that?
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Thirteen minutes. Not too bad.
Old Sun Dec 18, 2005, 12:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Quote:
PWL,

There's a song by Eminem called "Big Weenie" and it describes you perfectly.
There's a movie called "Brokeback Mountain" and it describes you and BigUmp56 perfectly.
Once again, you're showing your maturity level. Do you really think this subtle homophobic insult would not be recognized?

Your attempts to insult with subtleties are as transparent as your attempts to convince others that you are more than a rookie umpire.

What's next? Racial or ethnic taunts?

Tim.