Thread: umpire fees
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 17, 2005, 12:56am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Caught him surfing last night at http://www.umpire.org. Goes by Augie Donatelli. Clicked on his profile. That was the email address he had listed. Probably changed his profile by now. Don't know. Right now he's over there arguing a balk call. Just read the thread. Can't admit he got it wrong. Really funny reading.

Don't think he would admit to having this in his profile. Trust me it was there.

As for Fronheiser. Read lots of posts before I ever made a post here. Found him to be one of the most condensing posters on the forum. First post I make, he pops his big mouth off. Likes to throw the word troll around. Needs to look in mirror.
Wow, you really are a gem, PWL. In the words of our own immortal Windy, " english must not be your first language."

Had you spent the time necessary to investigate your facts, you would have found out what all of us have known for quite some time. The moniker Augie Donatelli was the non de' plum of choice for Steve Meyers from SanDiego. The ABUA board was the first board he began posting on several months ago. After recieving some scrutiny from several members of the board for using the name of a famous umpire as a moniker, he changed his alias to SanDiegoSteve, and began posting here as well. He's never denied the fact that he uses another moniker on that board.

Thomas, although only here a short time, made it clear that he was from Alabama. Thomas never opened his e-mail up to this forum. How you can say that his and Steve's are the same is beyond me. There is no possible way for you to know the e-mail address for Thomas.

What I find interesting, is that I don't recall seeing the moniker PWL on the ABUA forum. You admitt you read the board, but what moniker do you post under on that particular board? If you're ready to engage Steve in a rules debate on that forum, I would suggest you step up to the plate and do so. I'll be looking for a PWL in the thread.

Moving on to your disdain for Rich Fronheiser. Can you please provide a link to a thread where he's insulted you. I've never seen one, as far as I can recall anyway. I did see Rich try to explain to you that make up calls are not the thing to do, but it certainly wasn't done in a condescending or insulting manner. You seem to take any criticism, however small, as a personal insult. You need to understand that guys like Rich who post here have been around the block, and around, and back again. You should take into consideration what kind of experience they have, and value their opinions.

For example. You described a balk you innapropriately called. After the first person responded to your post, telling you that you should have handled it better, you argued. After that, another person told you that you were wrong, and you then argued with them. I'm not going to go back and pull up that thread, but I would imagine that at least 6 or 7 people told you that you were wrong, and still you continued to argue. At what point will you admitt that you may have been wrong and move on?

This can be a great place for a new umpire like yourself to learn, if you are not above learning from others.

Tim.

BTW- It was "took" the words right out of my mouth in the song recorded by Meat Loaf.

[Edited by BigUmp56 on Dec 17th, 2005 at 01:00 AM]