The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 10:12pm

Thumbs down Jump Back Jack

While we're on the subject of "scabs", what about the new immigration reform laws. I guess the Republicans feel they already have enough cheap labor in this country.

Some people want to build a 2,000 mile wall to help accomplish this. I say if you are going to build a wall, why would you want to keep out the people who you expect to build it. So kinda defeats the purpose I feel.
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Build the wall first and then kick them out, ala the Carlos Mencia methodology.

Tim.
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
This photo was posted on UmpNews and the AMLU site. The doubt surrounding your integrity centers on the fact that you said the photo came from last night's game. The photo has been present in the same form on other sites prior. I'm not sure why further discussion is required.
WWTB:
I'll respond here, since if moorg points out your error, it may seem that he is defensive. Further comment, if not discussion, is required since you are needlessly doubting moorg's integrity.
Look at post #11 in this thread, made at 11:31 CDT on Friday April 14, more than 1 week ago. That is the original posting of this picture by moorg. He refers to the picture again in post #30.
Then PWL, quoted post #11--picture and message--in his post #70 on Thursday April 20. The quoted message refers to "tonight's game", but of course "tonight" refres to April 14, and not April 20. Perhaps that wasn't obvious to you, but you could have ascertained the (correct) facts easily.

[This message should in no way be construed as implying anything about the merits of the AMLU strike.]
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 10:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
This is a priceless comment, Jeff. Think back a few months when you insisted that you worked college games in South Bend. Windy called you out on it by letting everyone know there wasn't a snowballs chance in Hades that you would ever call a Notre Dame baseball game. The I stepped up for you and listed all the college games played in the South Bend area that were not played by the University of Notre Dame. So, which is it, Jeff? Will you never come here for a baseball game or were you lying when you said you had already been assigned college games in South Bend?

Tim.
Tim,

I was in Indiana on Easter for a college game working a conference double header. You were not there of course.

We were scheduled to do a 9 and a 7. We finished the 9 after a rain and lightning delay. I do not think we got out of the 1st inning of the second game. Then I ran into a D1 basketball official whose son plays for the home team. We talked and I will see him at a camp in June.

Also Tim I think you need to go back and read the entire discussion. I recall that this conversation was also about a certain person that claims to live in the same area that I do and has changed his story a 100 times over about his background. The reality is many people can look at my schedule when it comes out thru email (everyone in our association sees all our assigned games within that association). Many people can confirm where I worked what I did when I was there. They can see me work camps or clinics where I have spoken. Anyone can verify what I have done or not done. Funny I have never seen one person willing to put their name on anything and say I was somewhere I was not. Actually there are many people that can go to a website and see my name on the list of umpires that works for a particular assignor.

The college game I worked in Indiana was a basketball game. If you know anything about South Bend there is more one university in that town. What else do you want to know?

Peace
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Tim,

I was in Indiana on Easter for a college game working a conference double header. You were not there of course.

We were scheduled to do a 9 and a 7. We finished the 9 after a rain and lightning delay. I do not think we got out of the 1st inning of the second game. Then I ran into a D1 basketball official whose son plays for the home team. We talked and I will see him at a camp in June.

The college game I worked in Indiana was a basketball game. If you know anything about South Bend there is more one university in that town. What else do you want to know?

Peace
Since when did basketball games have innings? The only other university in South Bend dumped their baseball program and now have only a club team. Let's play name that university for 100 points, Jeff.

Tim.
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

Dave,
Your post was well put...I was not questioing his paternity or besmirching his reputation. I simply alluded to the fact that this photo had already been discussed on this and other boards. If he had posted it earlier, took responsibility for it and was indeed his sole property, my apologies for the confusion. I would wonder how it made it's way to the other sites without his permission though.

If you've read my stand on the issue you'll note that I have been pretty consistent against umpire bashing. I may throw a dagger or two here, but I refuse to accept that name calling, threats of harm or exclusion are in any way helping the cause of the Association of Minor League Umpires. If the brass had any dignity they would immediately suspend all displays of harassment. Who fills the umpires schools each year? That's right, the very same amateur umpires that they are exploiting.

In an eery irony, I pray that one of the replacement umpires really shines and decides to attend pro school next year. PBUC and AMLU bury the hatchet and the Minor Leagues once again uses their 220 bodies to carry the games. Now, Johnny Replacement has an exceptional camp and scores as one of the top umpires. He is offered a contract and now must decide whether he wants to join them or not. They also must open their arms to someone who earned the right to be there. Good Lord, that would be an interesting conversation wouldn't it?
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 01:09am

Quote:
No actually it shows that Tim and I do not view our "hobby" the same way. If you feel that makes me "better" you have a right to that “opinion.” The reality is that I would not go out and work LL anymore because that is not why I umpire or officiate any sport. So if I would not go out and work a LL game anymore, what makes you think I would approach this website (or any website) the same why as Tim?

Now go on and tell me what you think of me and how I should be like you. Remember you did ask.

Peace
I didn't say that it makes you "better." I said you think you are better. Get it right. I saw a D1 umpire working the plate in the Nebraska-Texas game today that couldn't carry my jock, but I have seen some Little League umpires that were every bit capable of working college ball, so the level you work is not necessarily an indicator of umpiring skill.

Just for your information, Tim works high school ball in addition to LL. Tim also adds much more to the discussions on this board, as well as on other internet forums, than you ever have. What do you come on these forums for, if you have nothing left to learn, and so little of interest to offer?

I never did ask you to be at all like me. I answer questions truthfully and completely when asked. When I misspeak, and guys like Garth or Windy call me out, I stand up to them, admit my mistakes, and try to move on. I do not skirt and dance around the questions asked. Sometimes my answers are incorrect, but at least I try to give an answer. You never answered my question, and I said I would not ask again, and I will honor my word.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 02:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Tim.
"dee dee deeeee"
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 10:49am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Since when did basketball games have innings? The only other university in South Bend dumped their baseball program and now have only a club team. Let's play name that university for 100 points, Jeff.

Tim.
Tim,

I think you have been worrying a little too much about me. Do you have facts that I was talking about baseball? Show me where I said anything about baseball in that particular conversation when I talked about working in South Bend. If I was going to brag about working a game in South Bend, it would not be a baseball game that I would talk about.

Peace
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Tim,

Okay, Jeff. Fair enough. I won't take the time to scan the archives to prove you were bragging about working college basball games in the past in South Bend, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I would like to know, however, what college conference double header was being played here on Easter of this year. Since you called the first end of the series you should have an answer.

Tim.
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 11:20am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I didn't say that it makes you "better." I said you think you are better. Get it right. I saw a D1 umpire working the plate in the Nebraska-Texas game today that couldn't carry my jock, but I have seen some Little League umpires that were every bit capable of working college ball, so the level you work is not necessarily an indicator of umpiring skill.
Who said what you worked was an indication of what skill level you work? Now why are you taking my comments seriously here and you dismissed my other comments?

Quote:
Just for your information, Tim works high school ball in addition to LL. Tim also adds much more to the discussions on this board, as well as on other internet forums, than you ever have. What do you come on these forums for, if you have nothing left to learn, and so little of interest to offer?
Good for him.

Quote:
I never did ask you to be at all like me. I answer questions truthfully and completely when asked. When I misspeak, and guys like Garth or Windy call me out, I stand up to them, admit my mistakes, and try to move on. I do not skirt and dance around the questions asked. Sometimes my answers are incorrect, but at least I try to give an answer. You never answered my question, and I said I would not ask again, and I will honor my word.
Well your idol has already told a fib about a conversation that Windy and I have had. Then he tries to joke about the conversation to cover up his misunderstanding of that conversation. I have yet to see him admit that he got the facts wrong or that him misunderstood what I was talking about.

You want to talk about honor and your word and you are using a completely fake *** name? At least anyone can directly trace my comments to me and talk to others about me. How many umpires with the names Steve might umpire in San Diego or near San Diego?

Peace
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 11:24am

Quote:

Tim.
Carlos could be one of the first to go.
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 11:27am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Okay, Jeff. Fair enough. I won't take the time to scan the archives to prove you were bragging about working college basball games in the past in South Bend, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I would like to know, however, what college conference double header was being played here on Easter of this year. Since you called the first end of the series you should have an answer.

Tim.
Why don't you so some research and figure it out Tim? I do not see you giving me information about the games you work and you do not see me asking you either. I gave you the state and the type of program it was. I even gave you specific information so that you could verify what I told you. I am in the Box Score, so this should be easy for you.

Also Tim, you need to go look around the country because there were many Division 1 programs that played on Easter Sunday. Miami and FSU played on Easter Sunday and I can tell you I was no where near Florida on Easter.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 11:29am.
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy May I but in now?

This ND conversation is about 8 months old. I think the original threads were deleted over 6 months ago because it GOT UGLY.

Most Historical: Rosa Parks, RIP.

Most Strange: Two of you were at the same NCAA convention in Chicago.

Most Funniest: Next time your in ND, look me up. I'll enjoy kicking your *** after the game.

May I suggest, either add something NEW or MOVE ON already. I have read these same statements a 1/2 dozen times or more.

Last edited by SAump; Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 11:41am.
Old Sun Apr 23, 2006, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why don't you so some research and figure it out Tim? I do not see you giving me information about the games you work and you do not see me asking you either. I gave you the state and the type of program it was. I even gave you specific information so that you could verify what I told you. I am in the Box Score, so this should be easy for you.

Also Tim, you need to go look around the country because there were many Division 1 programs that played on Easter Sunday. Miami and FSU played on Easter Sunday and I can tell you I was no where near Florida on Easter.

Peace
It's what I thought, Jeff, you were lying. The only college in the South Bend area that still has a baseball program, other than the University of Notre Dame is Bethel College in Mishawaka. Bethel is a small NAIA Christian College that will notplay a baseball game on Easter Sunday. I'm sure you already know that there's no way that Notre Dame would schedule a game on Easter either. I have no idea what Miami and FSU have to do with this conversation. That is unless you're claiming they played in South Bend on Easter and you worked the games. Of course there's St. Marys College here in South Bend, so you could have been talking about working one of their games. Oh, wait, they're an all girls College and are the sister school to the University of Notre Dame so they wouldn't play on Easter either even if they did have a baseball team. Or, was it Holy Cross Junior College? Nope, they don't have a baseball program and again, even if they did they are a feeder school to the University of Notre Dame and is run by The Brothers of the Holy Cross, so they wouldn't play on Easter either.

Tim.
Closed Thread