View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

Dave,
Your post was well put...I was not questioing his paternity or besmirching his reputation. I simply alluded to the fact that this photo had already been discussed on this and other boards. If he had posted it earlier, took responsibility for it and was indeed his sole property, my apologies for the confusion. I would wonder how it made it's way to the other sites without his permission though.

If you've read my stand on the issue you'll note that I have been pretty consistent against umpire bashing. I may throw a dagger or two here, but I refuse to accept that name calling, threats of harm or exclusion are in any way helping the cause of the Association of Minor League Umpires. If the brass had any dignity they would immediately suspend all displays of harassment. Who fills the umpires schools each year? That's right, the very same amateur umpires that they are exploiting.

In an eery irony, I pray that one of the replacement umpires really shines and decides to attend pro school next year. PBUC and AMLU bury the hatchet and the Minor Leagues once again uses their 220 bodies to carry the games. Now, Johnny Replacement has an exceptional camp and scores as one of the top umpires. He is offered a contract and now must decide whether he wants to join them or not. They also must open their arms to someone who earned the right to be there. Good Lord, that would be an interesting conversation wouldn't it?