The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry-another BOO question

B6 due up, B8 bats-gets a single. B7 enters box and gets a pitch, or gets a hit. Now it's brought to our attention. B8's at bat is now valid and B9 is now due up. B6 is not out, and B8 is not removed her base. Question: does B9 take the box with B7's count, and if B7 is on base-what is done with her? Leave her there ? ASA 7-2 just didn't quite make that clear enough
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck chopper View Post
B6 due up, B8 bats-gets a single. B7 enters box and gets a pitch, or gets a hit. Now it's brought to our attention. B8's at bat is now valid and B9 is now due up. B6 is not out, and B8 is not removed her base. Question: does B9 take the box with B7's count, and if B7 is on base-what is done with her? Leave her there ? ASA 7-2 just didn't quite make that clear enough
If B7 still at bat, yes, count is assumed.
If B7 on base, batted when B9 was due, so ignore all the prior action and negate the B7/B9 at bat.
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 03:20pm
Call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
If B7 on base, batted when B9 was due, so ignore all the prior action and negate the B7/B9 at bat.
No this is not correct all action of this at bat are not negated. Any stolen base or run scored before the Batters last pitched ball stand. If they got on base and properly appealed Call B9 all other outs from this play stand return any other runner to the base they occupied at the time of the pitch. Any stolen bases and or runs scored prior will stand.
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The pitch being made to B7 made B7 the correct/legal batter. At the conclusion of B7's at-bat, B8 is due up. If B8 is on base, B8's at-bat is skipped over and B9 is the correct batter. If B8 is now in the dug-out because of action during B7's at-bat, B8 is due up.
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 03:44pm
Call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopachunts View Post
The pitch being made to B7 made B7 the correct/legal batter. At the conclusion of B7's at-bat, B8 is due up. If B8 is on base, B8's at-bat is skipped over and B9 is the correct batter. If B8 is now in the dug-out because of action during B7's at-bat, B8 is due up.
No the Pitch to B7 made B8 legal B7 is still the wrong batter B9 should be up. If B7 completes the at bat and B9 was to step in and take a pitch B7 would be legal and B8 should now be at bat.
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The first pitch to each batter legalizes the last batter. So B8 is the last legal batter and not B9 is due to bat.

If discovered after the first pitch B9 assumes the count.

If discovered after B7 reaches base, B9 is out.

It might be good for you to read the other posts for a while before you try answering.

Rita
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The pitch being made to B7 made B7 the correct/legal batter.
NO!

The pitch made to B7 legalized B-EIGHT's at bat... B7, however, is now batting out of order.

If it's brought to our attention before B7 finishes the at bat, bring in B9, and assume the count B7 had.

If it's brought to our attention WHEN B7 finishes the at bat, B9 is out for not batting, any outs made on the play but not on B7 stand, everyone goes back to where they were just before B7's final pitch (bases taken on pitches before this stand), B7 removed from bases... and B1 (or B10 if you are using CBO) is up to bat.

West Houston Mike
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

Excatly!!!

Clear as muddy water!!!!
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 05:12pm
Official Forum Member

Hope it never happens to me.
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcannizzo View Post
Hope it never happens to me.
It's not really that hard, once you remember that the first pitch to every batter legalizes the previous batter. You never have to go farther back than that.

Rita
Old Wed Jun 19, 2013, 08:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Actually, I think 7.2.D.4 covers it quite well.
Old Thu Jun 20, 2013, 03:04am
Official Forum Member

If B7 was thrown out at 1st 7-2-3-b says all outs made are legal. Per Longhorns comment if I interpret correctly, he was saying that all outs stand EXCEPT if B7 herself was put out. I was going to ask why that would be ?
Old Thu Jun 20, 2013, 06:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If B7 was thrown out at 1st 7-2-3-b says all outs made are legal. Per Longhorns comment if I interpret correctly, he was saying that all outs stand EXCEPT if B7 herself was put out. I was going to ask why that would be ?
So that IF she were the next proper batter, she can actually bat. Before she would have been skipped since it was inconsistent to have one batter make two outs on the same at bat, so to speak. Good luck getting that squared away in the score book. Now her out is negated and she can bat again.
Old Thu Jun 20, 2013, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What year is your book?

West Houston Mike
Old Thu Jun 20, 2013, 08:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Do you have the 2013 book?
Outs are good, but they took that one away from us.