The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 19, 2013, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

I'm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post
And that is why YOU don't require a player to remove anything. You simply tell the coach that the player cannot play with it (whatever "IT" is, in your judgment), and put it back on the coach to make the decision if she plays (without that item) or watches (with the item).
I'm with you. I was taught this one by the basketball guys.

I have worked with an "inspector" this year in HS ball.

Borderline creepy.
Old Sun May 19, 2013, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Did coach tell you he was removing her from the game? No. She was obviously trying to address the issue of jewelry.

Like in the other thread - YOU do not decide when a player is in or out of the game (except, of course, an ejection). When she could not come to bat because she was not properly equipped, you rule a penalty strike. 3 of those and THEN she's out, but she's not removed from the game.

Then you don't have the problem of letting her back into the game - she was never out of the game.
If the player is still in the game, but not on the field, then wouldn't every pitch by that team's pitcher be illegal?

I would do the same as the OP. In the absence of any rule reference that states that the the player can not return. I would allow the re-entry once the player was in compliance with the rule.
Old Mon May 20, 2013, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Blue View Post
Actually it's a standing joke that they can wear a wedding ring if their parents allowed them to get married.

Our State interpreter has instructed us to keep jewelry off the field (fed) other than what is permitted by rule. As far as ASA I only allow adult players to wear jewelry other than hoop earring.

As I said earlier I do not want to get sued. and remember I am in California where parents will sue you for any thing they can.
Does NFHS still have the exception for "a traditional wedding band"? I honestly have never come across this at the HS level.

I have had this exception used for Rec League games and college IM's that use the strict HS book for basketball. I have never seen it in another sport.