The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 10, 2005, 08:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shmuelg

Truth is, you can argue both directions in almost each case, but I still think it would make umping a tad easier if there was some sort of general tendency to make the rules the same.
The rules are not made for the convenience of the game official, but for the players and teams.

Also, they are two games with different size fields, different equipment, different philosophies and different rules to accommodate them.

If you cannot get pass the differences, you may want to stick with baseball.
Old Sun Apr 10, 2005, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Mc,

Dak, yes I do think the rules should be the same as much as possible in order to avoid confusion. When people get togetgher to "play ball", there are many many many confusions and carry-overs from one sport to the other. If we avoid making different rules as much as possible, then it makes things easier.
Then you must also want to have the same rules IN softball itself! No Pony, NFHS, NCAA(AAAAAA), Fed, ASA, etc., enz. (NL), unsw.(Ger)... Just softball-rules by ISF!

IMHO this is putting ones head into the sands. It not there, if I can't see it...
As it was said before:"BB and SB are NOT the same!" If I want to play poker, I don't care about rules for Canasta. Even if you play it with the same playing-carts.

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

"Then you must also want to have the same rules IN softball itself! No Pony, NFHS, NCAA(AAAAAA), Fed, ASA, etc., enz. (NL), unsw.(Ger)... Just softball-rules by ISF!"

Actually, you have a point there.

A very good one, in fact. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like it.

After all, BB has their "Bible", which is the MLB rules. But then again, they also have NCAA, and other bodies.
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
After all, BB has their "Bible", which is the MLB rules.
I know to little about BB to agree with you, but I think to know that here in the Netherlands we use CEB or IBAF-rules. And how they come to their rules is a big, big blank to me... They could follow MBL, I don't know.
Still I hate the idea that the MBL-org. is the God in BB!!!

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?