Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 01:24pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJ1960 View Post
Don't work much 2 man....

If he is T rather than C on this play why is he where he is?
Gotta believe it is 3 man mechanics and the T is just really deep and never comes into the camera view.

Guy is way out of his primary, and is out of line for just waving his partner off like that.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 01:25pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
I can buy a no-call...but there's no way the contact in that play warrants a charge call.

I can see the L having an out of bounds off of the the dribbler in this play. Looking over the T's shoulder it appears to be a charge, but I think that looking from the L's position it would be a six of one and a half a dozen of the other with regard to a charge or out of bounds off of the dribbler.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Gotta believe it is 3 man mechanics and the T is just really deep and never comes into the camera view.

Guy is way out of his primary, and is out of line for just waving his partner off like that.
I can't see this game having three officials on it. It is 2-man and the Trail is working deep toward the endline.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:18pm
Get away from me, Steve.

The first travel is about as blatant as it gets. Fred Flintstone doesn't get that kind of jump when he's driving his car. And THAT'S in the T's primary.

Love the wave off by the T. Not.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

No Call...

I have a no call on that play. From the T or C position whichever he is in...I don't believe he can see when you gathered the ball. He might have a better angle than what we get to see here, but I don't have a Charge/Block call either, just and OOB and give ball to white.

I also don't see how some have a travel when A1 gets the ball unless there is a reverse angle we don't see to see when she pushed the ball to start her dribble.

Thirdly, I would ask the guy did he acid wash his hair before the game to make a move like that. At half, between games, or maybe a timeout, I would politley tell him to never do that again!!!!!!
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

I can't tell if she puts the ball on the floor in the beginning of her steps and I don't think the Trail can either so I am doubting that is what he has.

From this angle it looks to me like she has not traveled at the end of the play either as she is bumped by the defender before her pivot foot returns to the floor.

So, what I do see is a clear block. The defender moved into her pathway causing the contact.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
He gives his partner a stop sign 3 times and doesn't consult with him at all. It just looks bad. If I'm the lead, I'm taking his gestures as "I got your foul for you", so I would let him report it. Which is what looks like what happened here. L lets his partner take the call, and then sees he got overruled, and at that point you have to go with the call. But if I'm lead, I'm having a conversation with that guy later.
That's what I was thinking as well ... And once I realize he has overruled me and announced the violation, there's not much the lead can do. Unless he said something like "I've got a travel first" ... but I doubt it because the players seem totally confused as well until after the signal.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:43pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I can't see this game having three officials on it. It is 2-man and the Trail is working deep toward the endline.
You really think so?

In two person, why would the T be below the free throw line extended? That's where he would set up as C in a 3 person crew. I really think it's 3 person...which makes him even more of a doofus for reaching that far across through all those players.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
You really think so?

In two person, why would the T be below the free throw line extended? That's where he would set up as C in a 3 person crew. I really think it's 3 person...which makes him even more of a doofus for reaching that far across through all those players.
Why would he reach across the lane that far through all of those bodies to get a borderline travel and look like a doofus waving the foul off? You can figure out his skill level/experience from the video, so I don't think it's a stretch to say he might be out of position as the Trail.

Not trying to be a dick, just saying...
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:54pm
Courageous When Prudent

A1 travels when she starts her dribble. After that incidental contact. W21 established LGP then sidestepped to maintain it.

Helluva lot better LGP than the other thread.

Last edited by Raymond; Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 02:59pm.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 03:03pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
I can't tell if she puts the ball on the floor in the beginning of her steps and I don't think the Trail can either so I am doubting that is what he has.

From this angle it looks to me like she has not traveled at the end of the play either as she is bumped by the defender before her pivot foot returns to the floor.

So, what I do see is a clear block. The defender moved into her pathway causing the contact.
Not 100% sure, but the pieces I can see sure suggest it.

If the T was in the proper position (up higher and farther on the court) to officiate her in his primary, he'd get that travel.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 03:49pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Why would he reach across the lane that far through all of those bodies to get a borderline travel and look like a doofus waving the foul off? You can figure out his skill level/experience from the video, so I don't think it's a stretch to say he might be out of position as the Trail.

Not trying to be a dick, just saying...
Don't think you are being a dick at all.

Just think they are working 3 person really poorly.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

Does 'T' (or 'C') official ever raise his hand? What did the defender do wrong?
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 07:23pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Anyone here wear a watch when working basketball games?

I don't, regardless of what season it is. Honestly, and I'm probably judging too harshly, that's all I need to see.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rpirtle Send a message via Yahoo to rpirtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
Does 'T' (or 'C') official ever raise his hand? What did the defender do wrong?
This looks like a situation where the Trail official (white hair) has assumed the role of veteran to the Lead's "Newbie". The T doesn't raise his hand (or fist) to stop the clock. The T may not have had a call at all...or maybe he did. But it appears that the T does think he knows what his much younger partner is about to call (PC maybe)...and he seems to be signaling him not to report his call. Instead the T reports the Travel. At least that's what it looks like to me.

But the shoes do look like crap.