Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 09:28pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Anyone here wear a watch when working basketball games?
Nope.......or a belt either!
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 09:43pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:

I don't, regardless of what season it is. Honestly, and I'm probably judging too harshly, that's all I need to see.
My PERCEPTION of that official is not very positive.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 10:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Don't Make Me Come To Virginia To Smack You ...

Quote:
How else would we time eight minutes, ten seconds, three seconds, five seconds, thirty seconds, sixty seconds, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Nope, or a belt either.
Shut up.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
You really think so?

In two person, why would the T be below the free throw line extended? That's where he would set up as C in a 3 person crew. I really think it's 3 person...which makes him even more of a doofus for reaching that far across through all those players.
Don't know but i had a partner in two person recently that, on at least 4-5 occasions while I was administering an endline throwin in the frontcourt, set up as trail straight out from me. I asked him about it because I was puzzled about why he was doing it, particularly since he didn't go back to the correct side on more than one occasion. He denied being in line with me but admitted he came pretty far over. He said he had a better look at the play from there. OK, fine....but he didn't go back to his side at least 2-3 times and had plays occur on his side with no one there. Again, I have no idea why...made little sense and I think he just forgot where he was and wasn't open to admitting he had no idea where he was.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2013, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

I can't see anything to call from the camera view...travel? maybe (probably not). Block, not likely either. PC, maybe, but not likely either. OOB, yep.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 09:58am

The lead has an open look and hits the whistle upon the contact by #21 White (which appears marginal to me). I can live with a block call or, better yet, an OOB call. I just don't see the travel call (either the alleged first one or second one). I have a REAL problem with how the trail handles the entire situation.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 10:31am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I can't see anything to call from the camera view...travel? maybe (probably not). Block, not likely either. PC, maybe, but not likely either. OOB, yep.
Exactly my thoughts.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 12:16pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts.
I don't have enough to call a travel just from this video, although I'm willing to bet that if I did have the right angle that the player did (lifted the pivot foot before starting the dribble).
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Ugly basketball, ugly officiating.

I have a no-call and ball oob to white. Don't see a block or charge at all here.
Old Sat Dec 21, 2013, 02:02am
Official Forum Member

I like the travel call….Always better to call a violation in a close call than to call a foul ... IMO.
Old Sat Dec 21, 2013, 02:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refiator View Post
I like the travel call….Always better to call a violation in a close call than to call a foul ... IMO.
huh?
Old Sat Dec 21, 2013, 01:04pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

The girl traveled twice. Once at the beginning and once before the contact.

The travel immediately before the contact is close, but I do believe it was there. I also think that the T is horribly out of position in Fed, IAABO, and especially FIBA considerations, for this travel call.

I also believe that there could have been a travel call when 12 black obtained possession. It's close as well. I wouldn't mind if it was called in real time.

21 white, the defender is guarding 33 black when 33 has the ball. She switches to the ball carrier, 12 black, after 33 flashes to the middle of the FTL. During this switch, she establishes LGP immediately. 21 white doesn't move forwards and does take contact in the torso. I don't have a block, but a PC may be a tough call to sell. Call the out of bounds violation - white ball on the endline. That is, if there is no travel violation called.

And the T needs to update his look, to look the part. And change his approach, beginning with actually raising his arm when he has something. Even if it's late.
Old Sat Dec 21, 2013, 01:22pm
Back from the DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpirtle View Post
The T doesn't raise his hand (or fist) to stop the clock. The T may not have had a call at all...or maybe he did.
I agree, this looks bad. That's why, in these parts, we're required to raise an open hand before all violations. If I have a fist up, I want my partner to have a open hand, if he has something different. Then, we can talk about it.

Ultimately, we reached the right destination, but it was a bumpy ride.
Old Sat Dec 21, 2013, 01:47pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
I agree, this looks bad. That's why, in these parts, we're required to raise an open hand before all violations. If I have a fist up, I want my partner to have a open hand, if he has something different. Then, we can talk about it.

Ultimately, we reached the right destination, but it was a bumpy ride.
Isn't this a requirement in all parts?

If in your part, someone doesn't raise their arm, then what?
Old Sat Dec 21, 2013, 02:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Domino Effect ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
I agree, this looks bad. That's why, in these parts, we're required to raise an open hand before all violations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Isn't this a requirement in all parts? If in your part, someone doesn't raise their arm, then what?
I don't officiate in a part, but rather, in a little corner. And, we are expected to put up an open hand on all violations. The penalty if we don't? Lower peer ratings. Lower ranking. Lower level games instead of higher level games. Fewer assignments. Lighter wallet.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)