The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Back court heat bulls game

Couldn't be more obvious. Turiaf on heat recovers, fumbles, steps in back court.....no call. I'm sure they have reason for non call, but I sit there yelling at the TV not caring who the call favors but the failure to apply the rules. I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NBE.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

First, if you gave us the approximate time in which this play occurred, that'd be great. Second, there isn't enough information in your description, to say whether a call was missed or not.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Fri Apr 13, 2012 at 03:08am.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 01:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Couldn't be more obvious. Turiaf on heat recovers, fumbles, steps in back court.....no call. I'm sure they have reason for non call, but I sit there yelling at the TV not caring who the call favors but the failure to apply the rules. I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NBE.
I agree it was pretty blatant. It was in 1st half, probably 2nd quarter, but that's all I can remember about the timing of the play though.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 07:50am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
...I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NBE.
Don't we have plenty of questionable calls in the NCAA tournament every year? Do you say "I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NCAA tournament"?
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 08:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Don't we have plenty of questionable calls in the NCAA tournament every year? Do you say "I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NCAA tournament"?
No I don't. I was speaking metaphorically. It's more of indictment of the philosophy of calls in the NBE
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 08:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
First, if you gave us the approximate time in which this play occurred, that'd be great. Second, there isn't enough information in your description, to say whether a call was missed or not.
I believe in second quarter which doesn't help much. Do you have access to all games. I know you can capture clips which I wish I could do.

Short version. he gained control near division line, was starting to fall into backcourt, as he was falling bobbled ball and stepped a good three feet into backcourt
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 08:45am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
No I don't. I was speaking metaphorically. It's more of indictment of the philosophy of calls in the NBE
I understand what you are saying, but I would think your question would be more relavent as it applies to fouls.

In this case (I haven't seen the play nor do I know the exact language for the NBA backcourt rule) it seems like what we may have is a brain fart by an official.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but I would think your question would be more relavent as it applies to fouls.

In this case (I haven't seen the play nor do I know the exact language for the NBA backcourt rule) it seems like what we may have is a brain fart by an official.
Disagree, number one complaint is failure to call travel wouldn't you agree.

I'm seeing more and more brain farts. This call wouldn't be palatable in a 7yr old rec league.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
This call wouldn't be palatable in a 7yr old rec league.
You sir, must be a darn good official!
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
You sir, must be a darn good official!
I'll bite, what makes you say that?
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 11:42am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Disagree, number one complaint is failure to call travel wouldn't you agree.

I'm seeing more and more brain farts. This call wouldn't be palatable in a 7yr old rec league.
The NBA has different travelling rules than the NCAA and FED. And we have seen plenty of video posted right here in this forum showing NCAA officials failing to enforce obvious travelling violations. And we've also seen plenty of examples of NCAA officials incorrectly calling BC violations that did not occur.

So again, do you make the same statement about NCAA officials as you would NBA officials?

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Apr 13, 2012 at 11:57am.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I'll bite, what makes you say that?
The previous comment I quoted by you seems extremely critical of the no-call. How often have you seen a rolled throw-in make it into the f/c untouched?
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 12:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
So again, do you make the same statement about NCAA officials as you would NBA officials?
We don't at all. That is the part I do not understand either. We have certainly in the past month have shown a lot of questionable decisions by NCAA officials and no one said they did so based on entertainment. I guess it always bothers me when that is said because no one says NFL or MLB are doing things for entertainment when they have similar differences in philosophies based on the fact that they are pros and not amateur game.

Peace
Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The NBA has different travelling rules than the NCAA and FED. And we have seen plenty of video posted right here in this forum showing NCAA officials failing to enforce obvious travelling violations. And we've also seen plenty of examples of NCAA officials incorrectly calling BC violations that did not occur.

Sir, you make too much sense here.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Apr 13, 2012, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
What other league or level of basketball would allow this type of play to happen? My contention would be that it is more likely to see this type of play allowed night in and night out in the NBA and not so much in the NCAA.

Are the rules in the NBA, as such, so that it's that difficult to recognize the pivot foot?

Corey Maggette travels six times in 1 play - YouTube