The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Back court heat bulls game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/90568-back-court-heat-bulls-game.html)

fullor30 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:42pm

Back court heat bulls game

Couldn't be more obvious. Turiaf on heat recovers, fumbles, steps in back court.....no call. I'm sure they have reason for non call, but I sit there yelling at the TV not caring who the call favors but the failure to apply the rules. I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NBE.

APG Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:25pm

First, if you gave us the approximate time in which this play occurred, that'd be great. Second, there isn't enough information in your description, to say whether a call was missed or not.

Blindolbat Fri Apr 13, 2012 01:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 837181)
Couldn't be more obvious. Turiaf on heat recovers, fumbles, steps in back court.....no call. I'm sure they have reason for non call, but I sit there yelling at the TV not caring who the call favors but the failure to apply the rules. I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NBE.

I agree it was pretty blatant. It was in 1st half, probably 2nd quarter, but that's all I can remember about the timing of the play though.

Raymond Fri Apr 13, 2012 07:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 837181)
...I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NBE.

Don't we have plenty of questionable calls in the NCAA tournament every year? Do you say "I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NCAA tournament"?

fullor30 Fri Apr 13, 2012 08:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 837218)
Don't we have plenty of questionable calls in the NCAA tournament every year? Do you say "I truly have no idea what they see/don't see in the NCAA tournament"?

No I don't. I was speaking metaphorically. It's more of indictment of the philosophy of calls in the NBE

fullor30 Fri Apr 13, 2012 08:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 837188)
First, if you gave us the approximate time in which this play occurred, that'd be great. Second, there isn't enough information in your description, to say whether a call was missed or not.

I believe in second quarter which doesn't help much. Do you have access to all games. I know you can capture clips which I wish I could do.

Short version. he gained control near division line, was starting to fall into backcourt, as he was falling bobbled ball and stepped a good three feet into backcourt

Raymond Fri Apr 13, 2012 08:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 837221)
No I don't. I was speaking metaphorically. It's more of indictment of the philosophy of calls in the NBE

I understand what you are saying, but I would think your question would be more relavent as it applies to fouls.

In this case (I haven't seen the play nor do I know the exact language for the NBA backcourt rule) it seems like what we may have is a brain fart by an official.

fullor30 Fri Apr 13, 2012 09:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 837224)
I understand what you are saying, but I would think your question would be more relavent as it applies to fouls.

In this case (I haven't seen the play nor do I know the exact language for the NBA backcourt rule) it seems like what we may have is a brain fart by an official.

Disagree, number one complaint is failure to call travel wouldn't you agree.

I'm seeing more and more brain farts. This call wouldn't be palatable in a 7yr old rec league.

tref Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 837228)
This call wouldn't be palatable in a 7yr old rec league.

You sir, must be a darn good official!

fullor30 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tref (Post 837231)
You sir, must be a darn good official!

I'll bite, what makes you say that?

Raymond Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 837228)
Disagree, number one complaint is failure to call travel wouldn't you agree.

I'm seeing more and more brain farts. This call wouldn't be palatable in a 7yr old rec league.

The NBA has different travelling rules than the NCAA and FED. And we have seen plenty of video posted right here in this forum showing NCAA officials failing to enforce obvious travelling violations. And we've also seen plenty of examples of NCAA officials incorrectly calling BC violations that did not occur.

So again, do you make the same statement about NCAA officials as you would NBA officials?

tref Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 837239)
I'll bite, what makes you say that?

The previous comment I quoted by you seems extremely critical of the no-call. How often have you seen a rolled throw-in make it into the f/c untouched?

JRutledge Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 837241)
So again, do you make the same statement about NCAA officials as you would NBA officials?

We don't at all. That is the part I do not understand either. We have certainly in the past month have shown a lot of questionable decisions by NCAA officials and no one said they did so based on entertainment. I guess it always bothers me when that is said because no one says NFL or MLB are doing things for entertainment when they have similar differences in philosophies based on the fact that they are pros and not amateur game.

Peace

APG Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 837241)
The NBA has different travelling rules than the NCAA and FED. And we have seen plenty of video posted right here in this forum showing NCAA officials failing to enforce obvious travelling violations. And we've also seen plenty of examples of NCAA officials incorrectly calling BC violations that did not occur.

Sir, you make too much sense here.

IUgrad92 Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:51pm

What other league or level of basketball would allow this type of play to happen? My contention would be that it is more likely to see this type of play allowed night in and night out in the NBA and not so much in the NCAA.

Are the rules in the NBA, as such, so that it's that difficult to recognize the pivot foot?

Corey Maggette travels six times in 1 play - YouTube