Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Deserved or not?
Whack! 12 29.27%
Are you kidding? 29 70.73%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 11:30am
Esteemed Participant

Not only did the kid catch the ball and put it to the floor, he then "kicked" it off to the side. I honestly believe that the "kick" was inadvertent, but I wonder if that might have something to do with the T also? Were there DOG warnings given earlier? So much we don't know from this short clip.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Yep, they were in the video the entire time. Oh and when the whistle was blown, I bet you could see them off the camera too.

Peace
. No, I couldn't. Telling by their posture in retrieving the ball to continue play. I will say they didn't seemed phased by it.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 11:48am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie View Post
. No, I couldn't. Telling by their posture in retrieving the ball to continue play. I will say they didn't seemed phased by it.
The whistle blew with only the "offender" in the video. So for you to say what they were phased by is kind of laughable.

Again, I have no problem if you feel this was not enough, but to then misrepresent what is actually in the video to fit what you wish would have happened. The opponents are mostly off camera a veteran should know that a lot of things are not what they seem on any video and certainly not a close shot of a play.

And as I said, most Ts are not called in a bubble. They are often called for previous actions that we might not know by a 10 second clip. We already know that this kid got a T for some altercation with another player. Then we have no idea what fouls looked like or what other trash talking took place. And maybe, just maybe, the official heard something.

I live by the statement, "I can defend a foul, I cannot defend a fight." A lot of subtle things take place that can lead to a fight.

Peace
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

Based on the limited info available to us I don't like the call AT ALL.

And I really don't like it coming from the C here who cannot see the kids face or eyes.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The whistle blew with only the "offender" in the video. So for you to say what they were phased by is kind of laughable.

Again, I have no problem if you feel this was not enough, but to then misrepresent what is actually in the video to fit what you wish would have happened. The opponents are mostly off camera a veteran should know that a lot of things are not what they seem on any video and certainly not a close shot of a play.

And as I said, most Ts are not called in a bubble. They are often called for previous actions that we might not know by a 10 second clip. We already know that this kid got a T for some altercation with another player. Then we have no idea what fouls looked like or what other trash talking took place. And maybe, just maybe, the official heard something.

I live by the statement, "I can defend a foul, I cannot defend a fight." A lot of subtle things take place that can lead to a fight.

Peace
Rutledge,
I don't believe I misrepresented anything. You imposed a situation. I went back to look at the video and I answered it.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Honestly, I think it's extremely silly to "not like" this call. We have about 1% of the available information. If this was a vacuum, and the only play in the game, and nothing WE could not see from this angle happened, AND nothing we cannot hear in this video was said, I think all of us agree this is not a T.

Obviously there was SOMEthing else that we don't know - either verbal at the time, off camera, or previous to the video. It is disappointing to me to see how many people are calling this wrong, lacking most of the information, and not defaulting to the POV that the ref was right until proven to us otherwise.

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie View Post
Rutledge,
I don't believe I misrepresented anything. You imposed a situation. I went back to look at the video and I answered it.
You invented an answer and created actions and thoughts of players not even on the screen. Jeff is dead on here.

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

this had to have been an accumulation situation, that ref looks pissed when he calls it, like he's just seen the straw that broke the camel's back. And since he was behind and can't really see the kid's eyes or if he is staring, could it have been the DOG? It looks accidental but maybe it had been going on all game? Who knows. Tough situation for the kid not getting to play out the season.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Where's Marlee Matlin When You Need Her ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
We cannot hear in this video was said.
Are any esteemed Forum members lip readers?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

In another interview, Coach Boyd claims that... "he just stared at the guy"

Depending on the unknowns stated here, the "stare" could very well be justification for the technical.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

There may be a video of me somewhere where I ejected a coach for doing nothing more than standing there coaching his team. No profanity, nothing even remotely directed at me or my partners. But yet the video would show me stop play, give the T, and send him off. I'm sure everyone who watched that short clip would say how bad it was I ejected that coach, for doing nothing even remotely unsporting. But what that short clip wouldn't show is the first T earlier in the game on that same coach for clear unsporting behaviour, and the 2 attempts prior to get him to stay seated. Almost bumping into him again along the sidelines made it any easy second T.

I agree the OP's clip doesn't show anything that seems to warrant the T by itself. But I'm not willing to pass judgement without seeing the rest of the game, to see what might've led up to that point. The fact that here are other stories that mention trash talking prior seem to back up my feeling that this might've been the final straw, rather than a stand alone act.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:41pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
There may be a video of me somewhere where I ejected a coach for doing nothing more than standing there coaching his team. No profanity, nothing even remotely directed at me or my partners. But yet the video would show me stop play, give the T, and send him off. I'm sure everyone who watched that short clip would say how bad it was I ejected that coach, for doing nothing even remotely unsporting. But what that short clip wouldn't show is the first T earlier in the game on that same coach for clear unsporting behaviour, and the 2 attempts prior to get him to stay seated. Almost bumping into him again along the sidelines made it any easy second T.
Wow!

You need to get some thicker skin, M&M!

But seriously...excellent post.

Now shutup.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Wow!

You need to get some thicker skin, M&M!

But seriously...excellent post.

Now shutup.
No more cookies for you!

And I don't need GROUPTHINK to tell me that.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
No more cookies for you!

And I don't need GROUPTHINK to tell me that.
I heard some random football player last night on the radio trying to justify Bountygate by calling it GROUPTHINK. I had to laugh.

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
Quote:
Many Ts are not called in a bubble, they are called with consideration to other aspects of the game and previous events. It is possible that this was the most minor of his actions but he did not take heed to other warnings or being addressed.

Peace
I agree there is no such thing as "all of a sudden" and to take this isolated play outside of the happenings of the game up to that point can't be accurately judged.