View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 21, 2010, 08:38pm
Official Forum Member

Moving Picks with Video question??

Hey guys,

I am not a Ref, but the dredded parent

Sorry but I have a 9 year old girl in Basketball and we played this one team that sets picks on every offensive play bringing the ball down the court.

Ok, great no problem. Except almost everytime they come running to set the pick it is moving and they come from behind and wrap their arms around our girls, move with us, or hook us.

I was just begging for fair calls. The first game we got no calls and this happened like 20 times I kid you not. This game I was determined for our girls to try and beat it. Coach said go under the pick, I learned one thing YOU CANNOT GO UNDER MOVING PICKS, THEY ARE ALLWAYS moving with you. I tried to yell moving picks and the refs seemed to not even know what was going on. And I will tell you why. These girls all bunch up so it appears that the girl is running in to get a pass from the ball carrier but oh not so Mr Ref
they are wrapping up our girls.

Anyway here is just a few of the clips on my webspace. I can add more of the same but I will run out of webspace but it went on the whole game. You can see the Ref looking right at them. Why no calls?

Basket Ball Video

Sorry, this probably not the place to post this but would like your opinon and suggestions on calmly how to discuss with a Ref.

It was truly brutal to watch the whole game like this. They practically tackled our girls and in one of them they did. I left the audio in so I guess you can hear I am a little frustrated at this .

Can two girls set picks on both sides of you, moving at that, and can they put their arms out wide ?

Thanks, Lostdog...Yes sorry but my first post.