The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Has Joe Forte treated the NBA replacements refs in the Big South fairly?
Yes 27 52.94%
No 24 47.06%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 07:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaambbref View Post
NONE of you on here know who I am, just as I do not know who any of you are or what leagues you officiate.
I believe the moderators may have a good idea who you are through your IP address.
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 07:47am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaref View Post
I believe the moderators may have a good idea who you are through your IP address.
*ncaambbref* is another name of another user of another user of another user, all of whom have been suspended for pot stirring.
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 07:50am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
*ncaambbref* is another name of another user of another user of another user, all of whom have been suspended for pot stirring.
So, essentially he was arguing with himself?
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 08:58am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Wow, look at all these people registering just to vote in this poll never to be heard from again. Including the OP.
I was going to make the same observation. What a curiosity though it does go to show that this forum reaches a pretty wide audience.

Last edited by Welpe; Mon Oct 19, 2009 at 09:01am.
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 10:11am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Can you just go ahead and suspend this incarnation of him also??? Please??
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I will apologize for some of my comments. I let some of the people on here get to me...then I realized, why should I care about personal attacks when they really aren't personal because NONE of you on here know who I am, just as I do not know who any of you are or what leagues you officiate. Some have criticized my officiating ability when you have NO idea what leagues I work at all. That in itself is funny. I could be in the Big East or just a JuCo guy...you NEVER know. ANd yes, I could be working the lockout too! Speculate all you want...

Again, I pointed out what I felt was unfair treatment, regardless if people agree with me or not. Obviously, some do. Obviously, those who are in the Big South know what I have alleged is true. Why else would the NBA and the Big South contact those who were affected to investigate the situation?

It is clear that some have a loyalty connection with Forte and that is fine. But loyalty is a ONE way street. As soon as some of those who are LOYAL to Forte misapply a rule or are late to a game or do something eles, let's see how far that loyalty card takes them. They would more than likely be punished for their actions just as Forte should be punished for his!

Reagrdless of one's personal feelings toward the replacement refs, the game of basketball is bigger than anyone of us. And there will ALWAYS be referees who will gladly step in our shoes, even if YOU may not be one of them.

Forte abused his power as the coordinator of the Big South and this my fellow officials, MUST be addressed!!!
My father used to say, "Working here is like peeing your pants while wearing a dark suit. You get a nice warm feeling, but nobody notices". Much the same could be said about hanging out here.

I'm curious what your goal was in bringing this here. AFAIK Joe Forte doesn't hang out here. And it's a solid bet the commissioner he works for doesn't hang out here. Perhaps a few of his staff, or former staff do. But, as you have told us, they are already well aware of the situation.

That leaves you with a relatively small audience, none of whom can do anything about this issue. Even if we were all stirred to action and took to the streets...then what?

If you're just looking for solidarity for your position on this, the result has been disappointing. But it should not surprise you. We have no dog in this fight. This is not an activist community. We're just here to talk some bball, improve our knowledge, sometimes vent a little, tell a few lies about what levels we're working, and forget that we have no actual social lives.

Nevertheless, though I don't share your outrage at what is happening, I wish you well in your efforts to get some justice for those you feel have been wronged.
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
I have no dog in this fight.

Seems to me, if the accusations you made were true, we would see some formations of legal proceedings against Mr. Forte. But we have not, so I am left to assume this is a case of a disgruntled person voicing their opinions behind the protection of the keyboard.

If and when charges are brought against Mr. Forte or the Big South, the Big South commissioner fires Mr. Forte, or Mr. Forte's assigning practices change in light of these allegations/pressure from the commissioner, I will consider a change of opinion. For now, play on.
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11 View Post
I have no dog in this fight.

Seems to me, if the accusations you made were true, we would see some formations of legal proceedings against Mr. Forte. But we have not, so I am left to assume this is a case of a disgruntled person voicing their opinions behind the protection of the keyboard.

If and when charges are brought against Mr. Forte or the Big South, the Big South commissioner fires Mr. Forte, or Mr. Forte's assigning practices change in light of these allegations/pressure from the commissioner, I will consider a change of opinion. For now, play on.
Unfortunately, being an NBA replacement is not a class of people protecting from discrimination in hiring. Unless there is a broken contract, there is not much they can complain about and get something done. I believe al contacts are year-to-year. In fact, most probalby say there is no guarantee of games. So, the officials really have no legal basis for action.

The officials made a choice and choices have consequences. Now they have to live with them.

And I actually do not support the actions of Forte (if accurately represented) nor do I support the NBA officials refusing to accept a decent offer from the league. While I think unions have their place, most modern day unions ultimately do harm to the people they represent...being the biggest factor in the loss of US jobs...pricing themselves out of the market...forcing companies to move away.
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 04:02pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_ref View Post

You obviously have no clue what Joe has done for young officials OR you're not will to acknowledge it because it kills your argument against him. Joe has multiple camps a summer where he hardly charges any money. He stays in the gym everyday at those camps all day long working with young officials. He WORKS with them. He doesn't walk around for 30 mins like some supervisors and leave. He is there for the first game in the morning and leaves the last game at night. He has had nba management to his camps to get young officials a look. He has always worked hard to get young officials as many games as possible and help them advance. Everyone knows how much Joe helps young officials.
May be a little exaggeration going here.
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Unfortunately, being an NBA replacement is not a class of people protecting from discrimination in hiring. Unless there is a broken contract, there is not much they can complain about and get something done. I believe al contacts are year-to-year. In fact, most probalby say there is no guarantee of games. So, the officials really have no legal basis for action.

The officials made a choice and choices have consequences. Now they have to live with them.

And I actually do not support the actions of Forte (if accurately represented) nor do I support the NBA officials refusing to accept a decent offer from the league. While I think unions have their place, most modern day unions ultimately do harm to the people they represent...being the biggest factor in the loss of US jobs...pricing themselves out of the market...forcing companies to move away.
I obviously won't play lawyer as I a) have no understanding of the applicable labor laws and b) have no understanding of the intricacies of NBA union / D1 assigning.

I think my point was that if there are no legal proceedings, then he probably didn't break the law. And if he didn't break the law, then tough cookies for those who made choices knowing full well the consequence they could have, as unfair as they may be, as you suggested Camron.
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 07:48am
Official Forum Member

To ncaambbref:

You have way too much time on your hands to keep this trivial carping going. It sounds as if you're going to have even more free time on your hands when the season starts. Enjoy..... it won't be long now that we'll all be back on the floor, including Joe and you'll be home with ......yourself.

So sad....
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

You obviously don't have a lot of experience with Union negotiations.
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 03:30pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
NONE of you on here know who I am
Actually I know exactly who you are. And I knew who you were months ago when you were posting as "CMoore". I know the leagues that you work and know at least one of your coordinators well because I work for him too.

I also know what governmental agency you work for in your full-time job because you post from work several times, so it wasn't too difficult to figure out.

So, why don't we all take a deep breath and try to get along

- Brad
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

LOL Brad - post of the year! (and not just because we share the same first name) haha. I'm laughing outloud here at people thinking they're anonymous and what they write on a message board won't come back to haunt them.

That's why I use my full name here -- no temptation to write what I wouldn't stamp my name on ha.
Old Tue Oct 20, 2009, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

You should offer up his name so that Mr. Forte can address his concerns personally and publicly. Mr. Forte should know who his accusers are.

Since "ncaambbref" has taken the cowardly approach of hiding behind his computer and bashing a member of this BROTHERHOOD. You can't have it both ways. Talking about other officials in this small community eventually results in the unnamed party getting named. It usually doesn't end well either.

I am guessing he will not be back as "ncaambball" since he obviously forgot that the internets reach out a little further than he realized.

Last edited by icallfouls; Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 04:00pm.