View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11 View Post
I have no dog in this fight.

Seems to me, if the accusations you made were true, we would see some formations of legal proceedings against Mr. Forte. But we have not, so I am left to assume this is a case of a disgruntled person voicing their opinions behind the protection of the keyboard.

If and when charges are brought against Mr. Forte or the Big South, the Big South commissioner fires Mr. Forte, or Mr. Forte's assigning practices change in light of these allegations/pressure from the commissioner, I will consider a change of opinion. For now, play on.
Unfortunately, being an NBA replacement is not a class of people protecting from discrimination in hiring. Unless there is a broken contract, there is not much they can complain about and get something done. I believe al contacts are year-to-year. In fact, most probalby say there is no guarantee of games. So, the officials really have no legal basis for action.

The officials made a choice and choices have consequences. Now they have to live with them.

And I actually do not support the actions of Forte (if accurately represented) nor do I support the NBA officials refusing to accept a decent offer from the league. While I think unions have their place, most modern day unions ultimately do harm to the people they represent...being the biggest factor in the loss of US jobs...pricing themselves out of the market...forcing companies to move away.