View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Unfortunately, being an NBA replacement is not a class of people protecting from discrimination in hiring. Unless there is a broken contract, there is not much they can complain about and get something done. I believe al contacts are year-to-year. In fact, most probalby say there is no guarantee of games. So, the officials really have no legal basis for action.

The officials made a choice and choices have consequences. Now they have to live with them.

And I actually do not support the actions of Forte (if accurately represented) nor do I support the NBA officials refusing to accept a decent offer from the league. While I think unions have their place, most modern day unions ultimately do harm to the people they represent...being the biggest factor in the loss of US jobs...pricing themselves out of the market...forcing companies to move away.
I obviously won't play lawyer as I a) have no understanding of the applicable labor laws and b) have no understanding of the intricacies of NBA union / D1 assigning.

I think my point was that if there are no legal proceedings, then he probably didn't break the law. And if he didn't break the law, then tough cookies for those who made choices knowing full well the consequence they could have, as unfair as they may be, as you suggested Camron.