The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 07, 2009, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
How about this loophole? A player, with blue shorts, can, by rule, wear blue tights down to just above his knees. He can also wear the longest blue socks that the can find in a store, or even have long blue socks specially made by his grandmother, from the same material as the tights, above the level of his knees. The rules, other than a single reference to black socks worn by the officials, don't address socks. Ipso facto, legal full length tights.
Even worse, a player from the HOME team can do that!

Shorts are not required to be any particular color under NFHS rules.
Old Sun Mar 08, 2009, 07:00am
Esteemed Forum Member

Player Has Ballet Practice After The Game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Shorts are not required to be any particular color under NFHS rules.
They are if the player wants to wear mid length tights, in a vice-versa kind of way:
3-5-6: Tights shall be a single solid color similar to the predominant color of the pants.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Mar 08, 2009, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
They are if the player wants to wear mid length tights, in a vice-versa kind of way:
3-5-6: Tights shall be a single solid color similar to the predominant color of the pants.
Billy,
There is no rule about what color the shorts must be. You have only pointed out that if an undergarment is worn below the shorts that extends down the leg so as to be visible, then that undergarment must match the color of the shorts. It's not the other way around.

My point is that a home player can wear a white jersey, blue shorts, blue compression shorts down to just about the knee, and blue socks that extend up high. Unless a referee believes that to be confusing, this apparel is legal.

I don't like it.
Old Sun Mar 08, 2009, 10:24pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down What happended to my post?

I posted that undershirts were a POE just two seasons ago and that officials should be diligent about enforcing this rule.

Someone deleted it.

I don't understand why. That was valuable information, which contributed in a meaningful way to the discussion topic.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I posted that undershirts were a POE just two seasons ago and that officials should be diligent about enforcing this rule.

Someone deleted it.

I don't understand why. That was valuable information, which contributed in a meaningful way to the discussion topic.

It also contained a personal attack. Feel free to post the POE again and your opinion about enforcing it.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Ok, thinking back I can certainly see that angle given the history between the two posters, but I really was trying to stick to discussing the NFHS rules and use them to refute the attitude expressed by the other poster. Of course, I do get frustrated with that sentiment, and therefore, perhaps I didn't meet that aim as fully as intended. BTW you have been doing a heck of a job lately of babysitting.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 06:34pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Ok, thinking back I can certainly see that angle given the history between the two posters, but I really was trying to stick to discussing the NFHS rules and use them to refute the attitude expressed by the other poster. Of course, I do get frustrated with that sentiment, and therefore, perhaps I didn't meet that aim as fully as intended. BTW you have been doing a heck of a job lately of babysitting.
Wow! Contrition.