The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 24, 2008, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Not that it's the same level, but in the Ontario AAAA provincial bronze medal game in 2004 (or was it 05?), a coach came onto the court, about 12 feet and the covering official didn't have the b@lls to call the T. His response was, "I didn't see him".

Amongst us officials, we bring this fact up on an annual basis and laugh at him every time (he's a local official). What a joke to not call the T. What a joke to think that a quick trigger finger is employed.

With friends like you that poor official does not need any coaches or players offside
Old Mon Mar 24, 2008, 09:34pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker
With friends like you that poor official does not need any coaches or players offside
Poor official? Officials not having the stones to take care of bidness should be reminded of it.
Old Mon Mar 24, 2008, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Poor official? Officials not having the stones to take care of bidness should be reminded of it.

I agree if the official often repeats the mistake but that does not appear to be the case in this instance.

Any official who says I have never stuffed up a big call is loose with the truth in my book
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 02:44pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker
I agree if the official often repeats the mistake but that does not appear to be the case in this instance.

Any official who says I have never stuffed up a big call is loose with the truth in my book
And? You don't have friends that you give grief for an isolated mistake they made?
If I made that mistake in front of other officials, I'd expect to not be able to live it down.