Old Thu Mar 06, 2008, 03:01pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

That makes more sense. Thanks.
Old Thu Mar 06, 2008, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
Sorry, I should have specified in the post. It was Women's JuCo so we were using NCAA-W rules.

In my sitch, the fake (or more accurately, the simulation) definitely caused the defense to enter the lane.
Women's juco, eh? Maybe after a few years - if you work hard - you'll get some women's wreck league games.

What follows is for Bob so he doesn't need to remove yet another of my clever posts...

What do you mean a simulation? You mean like a practice motion? Is that actually a *fake*?
Old Thu Mar 06, 2008, 03:50pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Women's juco, eh? Maybe after a few years - if you work hard - you'll get some women's wreck league games.
Our crew did the Men's JuCo game also. (JuCo ball in VA is very unorganized) We got paid the same for both games but the crowd was bigger for the Men's game.

Quote:
What do you mean a simulation? You mean like a practice motion? Is that actually a *fake*?
She put the ball on her hip with her right hand and did a full simulation of shooting with her left hand with an exxagerated follow-through. Come to think of it, maybe it shouldn't be considered a fake. That's probably why I froze, I didn't know what the he!! to think. Maybe I was dumb-founded.

Guess this is a situation I need to study up on, both HS and NCAA.
Old Thu Mar 06, 2008, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
Our crew did the Men's JuCo game also. (JuCo ball in VA is very unorganized) We got paid the same for both games but the crowd was bigger for the Men's game.
trouble maker! MODS!!

Quote:
She put the ball on her hip with her right hand and did a full simulation of shooting with her left hand with an exxagerated follow-through. Come to think of it, maybe it shouldn't be considered a fake. That's probably why I froze, I didn't know what the he!! to think. Maybe I was dumb-founded.

Guess this is a situation I need to study up on, both HS and NCAA.
Badnews, this is no way no how a fake. I don't even think the shooter was trying to draw her opponent into violating, which is a tactic that I've seen executed really well by the shooter without faking.
Old Thu Mar 06, 2008, 04:49pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:

Badnews, this is no way no how a fake. I don't even think the shooter was trying to draw her opponent into violating, which is a tactic that I've seen executed really well by the shooter without faking.

You're probably right...So maybe my instincts were initially correct that I shouldn't blow my whistle (which I didn't).

My head must have been somewhere else up until that moment b/c it was the 2nd free throw and at that moment I didn't (and still don't) remember if she did the same thing on the 1st free throw.