The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 30, 2008, 09:03pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Extreme Language

I once had a high school varsity coach yell to his player, as she was dribbling past him, "Get your f..king head in the game". True.
Old Thu Jan 31, 2008, 04:43am
Official Forum Member

In my opinion this is none of our business. There is nothing T worthy about that statement at all. Is it inappropriate, yeah, but again, it's none of our business. If the AD or school or parents have a problem with that statement, they can take action on their own accord, but it's not our job. That joke might be crass, but it wasn't unsportsmanlike, nor was it directed at me or the other team, so I wouldn't penalize with a T that would be difficult to justify.
Old Thu Jan 31, 2008, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Is this comment any less problematic to anyone if it happens in a boys game instead?
Interesting question, and as much as the pc side of me would like to say.. no.. its not less problematic,... It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much, and I suppose thats a bad thing.

Coach.. I dont care if you coached in the ncaa.. this is a 7th grade girls traveling team.