The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 08, 2003, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

Talking

All;

Since I started a thread about a stupid comment by a coach, I thought that I might add one of the funniest that I have heard in a while.

Last night I was doing a game in the Valley League. Paid attendance, promotions, etc. All in all, it is the best baseball that I do. These players play at a higher level than most of the D1 ball that I see this far north. Many of the players are from the South. They come north for the summer to escape the heat. This is as far north as you can come and still be in Dixie. The Shenendoah Valley, where this league plays, is full of Civil War battlefields and old fashioned rednecks. Even though it is ony 90 minutes west of DC, it is another world.

The plate conference started with ethnic jokes. The two coaches traded jokes for about five minutes and I tried to play the good ole boy. (I am not too good at that.)

Fast forward to the 9th inning. With the score tied in the bottom of the 9th and a runner on third, my partner calls the BR out at first on a wacker. I am only about 70% sure that he got it right and the home team (and 500 fans) explode and we have to go to extra innings.

We play a few more innings with no score and in the 13th inning the home team coach saddles up to me between innings and says:

"If your partner had called him 'Safe' at first, I'd be home by now with head nestled between my wife's titties."

Peter
Old Tue Jul 08, 2003, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

And the guys that's got his head there right now... where would he go?