The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 10, 2001, 04:37pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Juulie - on your original case, did your partner think the shooter actually violated according to rule, or did he think what the shooter did was a violation? Clarifying that point certainly is reason enough for a huddle and a correction if there was a wrong rule interpretation.

However, if it was just his judgement that there was an actual violation by rule, I would go with it and just tell him that from now, that's your call.

Of course, this would never happen in a game we were doing together.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2001, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Btw,do you think that Juulie is going to pre-game officials responsibilities on FT's from now on?I'd kinda bet on it.
Well, yes, holding a good pre-game is something I'm working on, since I never have had to do it at all until the last three weeks. But in this case, all my studying and pre-game outlines were unavailing, since this was the second of a two game set, and my partner was at McDonalds between games!!
Old Tue Dec 11, 2001, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Jewels and equality.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Do you think your partner was overly testosteroned and that is why he over-reached?
If you were not a women, would he have been such a prickly pear?
In this case, I think he had other issues, although I didn't spend a lot of time psychoanalyzing him. He's a year ahead of me in the training structure of our assn, and I think he thought I needed help. He reached a lot, I was guessing because he felt he needed to control the game for me.

Quote:

Do you notice other male partners trying to be the Big Dog because they are more masculine than you?

Actually, our association has done a very good job of establishing a culture of equality. I have very seldom felt condescended to or patronized. We have several female refs who are very, very good, and this helps. There are still some issues in the association, and of course, many male coaches are jerks, but that's no different for you guys, is it? It's just a different kind of jerk-ness, maybe.