Thread: Partner Problem
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2001, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Doggone it!! I admit I reacted out of annoyance and it got me into trouble. I wouldn't have done it, though, if he hadn't been gonna give up the second shot as well! I actually huddled for that reason, and he wouldn't back down about his interpretation of the rule that if the shooter violates on the first shot, he loses the second one. I was sure this applies only to the one-and-one, and not two a two-shot situation. I got annoyed and just walked over to the table, and pulled this nasty little stunt. RATS!!

Okay, so here was another problem, same game, where I had to make a Referee decision, and later I thought I blew it, but now I'm not sure. End of third quarter, seven seconds left, clock is stopped. A1 inbounds under B's basket, B presses, but A gets the ball downcourt no problem, but the defense is intense, finally the shot goes up, and in, but when Coach B (and everyone else) looks up, still seven seconds on the clock!! I had no problem with ruling that the quarter was over, but did the shot count? I reasoned that I had counted five in the back court and at least three twice in front court, so shot must have been late, and I ruled, no shot. But looking at the rule book, I'm not sure that was the correct call.