The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 21, 2006, 06:46pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Just to update, I have tried everything, including what the dealer told me to do and the pants still wrinkle terribly. I've washed on cold, warm, hot, hang dry, light dry in dryer, heavy dry in dryer, all to no avail. The pants are hanging up now were washed on Monday of this week and they look terrible.

Sansabelt customer service is sending me a return authorization form for the dealer. But I think I'm going to try Honigs pants and see if they work better. My newer SB pants don't have as much of a wrinkle problem, but they've only been worn (and washed) about 4 times each.
Ever think that maybe the pants are OK and your body is wrinkled?
Old Thu Dec 21, 2006, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Why not? I iron mine on the lowest setting. Keeps the crease sharp. I haven't had a problem with it.

Also, I wash mine in cold water (on my wife's orders).
You've got a very attentive wife.

But doesn't she worry that you'll fall off the chair & hurt yourself when you climb up there to reach the top of the ironing board?
Old Thu Dec 21, 2006, 08:38pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

When did "iron" become a verb? I don't get it.
Old Thu Dec 21, 2006, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Ever think that maybe the pants are OK and your body is wrinkled?
Now that you mention it, my wife did want to use an iron on me the other day.
Old Fri Dec 22, 2006, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
When did "iron" become a verb? I don't get it.
In the sense you mean, the earliest usage as a verb was in 1680, in the Earl of Rochester's Trial of the Poets. Fielding and Dickens later pressed the usage further.
Old Fri Dec 22, 2006, 10:38pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Now that you mention it, my wife did want to use an iron on me the other day.
This kind?

Or this kind?
Old Sat Dec 23, 2006, 05:49am

Quote:
I have tried to steam them and the wrinkles still don't come out. Throw them away.

Sorry, but I'm not taking them to the dry cleaner. The cleaners have ruined more of my clothes than I care to remember, plus, I'd be going to the cleaners twice a week just for pants.
Try a different cleaners. The cleaners is the last resort. If dry cleaning doesn't fix the problem, you have a bad pair. Before I go any further, where did you get these pants and what is the brand name? Hopefully, we are talking just one pair. If it's more than one pair of pants, I suspect you.

I have 5 pair of these pants and the one thing they do not do is wrinkle. You need to put them in the dryer too, because this gets the wrinkles out after wash better than just hanging dry.

One quick point. How do you store your pants after a game? I have seen officials fold there pants very neatly after wearing until they get home to wash. I don't necessary go this far and I do not have any wrinkle problems. Perhaps that is your problem. If you ball them up after a game and just throw them in the bag, and leave them there for awhile, like a day. You just embedded the wrinkle into the pants.
Old Sun Dec 24, 2006, 02:43am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
I have several pair of SansaBelts that I alternate. I always clean my pants at the cleaners. I do this for softball as well as baseball. This way I know they are pressed and have a sharp crease in them. I can get between 3 and 5 games out of a dry cleaning. With 4 pairs of pants being alternated that will get me between 12 and 20 games between cleanings. Money well spent if you ask me.

As far as the belted pants goes - ewwwwwww! I actually saw a guy in a JV game once wear Dockers with CUFFS! When he came into the locker room where we were dressing for the varsity game - he asked if we saw anything that he needed to improve on. Guess what I (very nicely) suggested . . .

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Sun Dec 24, 2006, 12:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
I have several pair of SansaBelts that I alternate. I always clean my pants at the cleaners. I do this for softball as well as baseball. This way I know they are pressed and have a sharp crease in them. I can get between 3 and 5 games out of a dry cleaning. With 4 pairs of pants being alternated that will get me between 12 and 20 games between cleanings. Money well spent if you ask me.
You gonna need to explain that one? How do you get 3 to 5 games out of one dry cleaning. Do you have 5 pants?
Old Tue Dec 26, 2006, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Without getting too descriptive, just take my word for the fact that I can't get but one wearing out of any of my clothes. I sweat profusely from head to toe.
Old Tue Dec 26, 2006, 04:29pm

Quote:
Without getting too descriptive, just take my word for the fact that I can't get but one wearing out of any of my clothes. I sweat profusely from head to toe.
Okay, I get it. You have them press heavy starch or something like this, and you machine wash them 3 or 4 times before you need to take them back to the cleaners for another starch and press treatment. Please share the details if this is something that works for you. I for one would be interested in knowing.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 26, 2006, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

If you are looking for the Hagar pants...get yourself a copy of the JC Penny mailorder catalog and order from there. They are more easily attainable through the catalog rather than the store.
Old Wed Dec 27, 2006, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Gary Williams????
Old Fri Dec 29, 2006, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
You gonna need to explain that one? How do you get 3 to 5 games out of one dry cleaning. Do you have 5 pants?
I said 4 pair of pants - they don't get sweaty. I rotate every game, that's why I can get additional wears out of them. That's also why I said between 3 and 5 wears per pair. Sometimes 3 before they need cleaned sometimes 4 sometimes 5. Of course if I'm in a gym with the heat turned up and the sweat pours off of me it's only one. It's an average. Do you clean yours after every game?

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Sat Dec 30, 2006, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
Do you clean yours after every game?
Yes, except for the rare occasions when I work a DH.