The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Sansabelt Pants wrinkles (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/29740-sansabelt-pants-wrinkles.html)

Texas Aggie Tue Nov 28, 2006 09:16pm

Sansabelt Pants wrinkles

I have a pair of SB pants I got late last spring in time for camps. Wore them to, I think, 3 days worth of camps (over a month and a half or so), then hung them up. Got them back out for the season earlier this month and started wearing them again. Recently bought a couple of other pairs that I've mixed in.

Anyway, the old pair wrinkle like crazy and hanging them up for a week (which I did over T-giving) didn't help. You can't really iron these things, and I never had SB pants wrinkle in the past. The new ones wrinkle a bit out of the wash, but hang for a day and lose the wrinkles. Also, the crease isn't as sharp as the new ones.

I have to wash these pants after every wearing and do so on warm water. I do not dry them in the dryer, but hang dry them. I've worn them probably 12-15 times and washed them that many. If this is normal, they deteriorated very fast.

Did I just get a bad pair or are others having similar problems?

26 Year Gap Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02pm

Go belted. Problem solved.:D

CLH Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:16am

Oh my god no, please don't go belted. I may offend some, but those belted pants look so out of date its not even funny, those and the flat front beltless too. Goes back to the perception thing we've talked about. If I was a coach and I saw a guy with belted pants, I'd wanna ask him why he didn't just wear the collared shirt with it, and where was his metal whistle with a pea in it. Sorry belters!!!:p

CLH

referee20 Wed Nov 29, 2006 04:10am

No belts...Looks very old. If we get evaluated and someone is wearing a belt you can guarantee they won't get a varsity game

Scrapper1 Wed Nov 29, 2006 09:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
I have a pair of SB pants. . . You can't really iron these things,

Why not? I iron mine on the lowest setting. Keeps the crease sharp. I haven't had a problem with it.

Also, I wash mine in cold water (on my wife's orders).

REFVA Wed Nov 29, 2006 09:45am

Quote:

Why not? I iron mine on the lowest setting. Keeps the crease sharp. I haven't had a problem with it.
If you are concerned of ironing them where they get a shine, Then get a steamer. It works wonders and they will last for ever/ I have Honig, Kliff Keen, and Sansabelt. Honing seems to be a heavier material so they don't wrinkle as much. It's just your preference.. But steam them. I even taken my steamer with me so when I take them out of my bag I just plug it in and wrinkles away. JMO..

BEAREF Wed Nov 29, 2006 02:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH
Oh my god no, please don't go belted. I may offend some, but those belted pants look so out of date its not even funny, those and the flat front beltless too. Goes back to the perception thing we've talked about. If I was a coach and I saw a guy with belted pants, I'd wanna ask him why he didn't just wear the collared shirt with it, and where was his metal whistle with a pea in it. Sorry belters!!!:p

CLH

I wear the flat front Sansabelt slacks because they fit me better. I suppose I better find a collared shirt!

tjones1 Wed Nov 29, 2006 02:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAREF
I suppose I better find a collared shirt!

If you do, make sure you use a metal whistle with a pea.

ToGreySt Wed Nov 29, 2006 04:44pm

I have a question, I just passed my IAABO test and I'm now cleared to do high school games this season leading up to my floor test in march. I've never done any basketball before and I don't have anything for a uniform. I'm gonna buy a couple of shirts from honigs, but I'm hesitant to buy any pants from there. can I buy something cheaper thats already hemmed? Could I find beltless pants from a department store? also...pleats or no pleats?

thanks guys,

Joe

JRutledge Wed Nov 29, 2006 05:23pm

Take them to the dry cleaner.

BTW, I think belted pants look silly and old fashion. It is time to get with the times and wear belt less pants. There is a reason you see no one on TV with a belt.

Peace

Texas Aggie Wed Nov 29, 2006 07:24pm

I have tried to steam them and the wrinkles still don't come out.

Sorry, but I'm not taking them to the dry cleaner. The cleaners have ruined more of my clothes than I care to remember, plus, I'd be going to the cleaners twice a week just for pants.

26 Year Gap Wed Nov 29, 2006 07:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH

CLH

Let me guess. You are wearing a leisure suit right now, aren't you? :D

jkjenning Thu Nov 30, 2006 02:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
I have tried to steam them and the wrinkles still don't come out.

Sorry, but I'm not taking them to the dry cleaner. The cleaners have ruined more of my clothes than I care to remember, plus, I'd be going to the cleaners twice a week just for pants.

Dampen the pants and a towel, set the dryer on very low heat, and dry them both for about 5-10 minutes. If the pants dry too long or on too hot of a setting, then the zipper starts to hang.

jritchie Thu Nov 30, 2006 02:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToGreySt
can I buy something cheaper thats already hemmed? Could I find beltless pants from a department store? also...pleats or no pleats?
Joe

JCPenney's has Haggar pants that are beltless, pleated and ready to wear. They are hard to find because a lot of officials wear them. Sometimes you can find them on sale and get them 2 pair for 45 bucks.

Texas Aggie Thu Dec 21, 2006 06:08pm

Just to update, I have tried everything, including what the dealer told me to do and the pants still wrinkle terribly. I've washed on cold, warm, hot, hang dry, light dry in dryer, heavy dry in dryer, all to no avail. The pants are hanging up now were washed on Monday of this week and they look terrible.

Sansabelt customer service is sending me a return authorization form for the dealer. But I think I'm going to try Honigs pants and see if they work better. My newer SB pants don't have as much of a wrinkle problem, but they've only been worn (and washed) about 4 times each.