LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 20, 2006, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

And all this time I thought we were arguing about where the L should be standing.
Quote:
Well, that too.....

Now that we know where the ball was...i.e.- at the back court FT line extended on the L's side, as per missinglink, we now know:
1) The ball was about 19 feet from the end line and the play is still the T's responsibility.
2) The T probably came across the court to follow the play...so if he came half-way and was straight-lined as suggested, he would be about 25 feet from the save.
3) The L was inside the center line. The center line is 42 feet from the end line. Therefore, if the lead was a step inside center-- i.e. say about 3 feet-- the L would be 39'-19'= 20 feet from the save.

By golly, the L is closer to this play than the trail.

Now....some might say that's too close......

What say you, DanO? Do you get that close to help out on a press when the play is coming to you?

PS- to whom it may concern- The DanO was used because (a) it pisses Dan off, and (b) it is getting late in the day and I haven't pissed Dan off today yet. As far as I know. I think. [/B]
Well, now that we have more details, I'm gonna back off a little and disagree only 108% with you.

I still have no real problem with where the L was standing in a 2 man game based on what we know. Sometimes as L on transition I'll work as C when the ball's at about midcourt before going all the way down to the endline.

Anything else?

[Edited by Dan_ref on Feb 20th, 2006 at 02:30 PM]