LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Great Post

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

...Or Dan, for that matter.

Say what now?...hey Chuck, you're the the bright kid in the class...is this good or bad??

Quote:
PS. The only way to pull this off is to let him have the last word. No one will think less of you.
Common wisdom is it's damn near impossible.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 03:20am
In Memoriam

Quote:
[/B]

Just because race is the subject that you disagree about, doesn't mean that all blacks are like this or all whites are like that. Ya gotta shrug it off the way you would with Jurassic, or that obnoxious coach that keeps starting new threads about Dan.
[/B][/QUOTE]Pardon?

Exactly wherethell did I post about race- either in this thread or any other thread?

I don't appreciate being brought into this argument.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Great Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

Say what now?...hey Chuck, you're the the bright kid in the class...is this good or bad??
I have been studiously and quite intentionally avoiding this entire discussion.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 09:33am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

I have been studiously and quite intentionally avoiding this entire discussion.
Wisely too, Chuck.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 10:34am
Huck Finn

Re: neither

Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey
everytime i get close, i keep getting put down by the black man. you know, calling me stupid, telling me to shutup, making fun of where i live, telling me what i can't do or can do.

I just can't take it anymore. Help me, Mick.
That is sad but at least you say it out loud. Attitudes like this exist all over but the difference between now and 60 years ago is that it isn't voiced now. Sad but true.

I don't know, maybe you are joking. I've heard this statement used jokingly before. If you are then use a smiley face or something.

Rainmaker and Mulkey, I'm curious now to know the whole story with Rut and this schedule thing. Do you guys really have a problem with him or is this just some ribbing?
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

History

Rainmaker,

Two or three years ago, Rut lampooned a mechanics issue regarding the non-calling official informing the coach. That was fine but what he did to personalize it was to question people's (mine especially) manhood. i.e. "if you are scared of the coach, you can't ACA. I'm a man and I am not scared to go over there and stand by my call. You must not be a man. You must be stupid". It went on and on. Of course, the Fed finally changed that mechanic to reflect what had already become a good game management technique practiced in a lot of areas (outside of Chicago). Then, he question's your schedule or your ability. Eventually, you do lose sight of the intent of the original post. My part in this thread is not about race. It is about Rut's great schedule that we all have to hear about all the time. Rut played the race card.

Race relations have come a long way down here. To illustrate I'll tell you this story:

3 guys are in the maternity ward awaiting the first child of each. One is white and from rural Georgia, one is a black man from Atlanta and one is white from Chicago. The doctor comes out and tells them we have 3 healthy baby boys in there but we have misidentified them. Let's all go in and see if we can straighten this out. The good old rural boy runs in there and claims the black kid. The black guy looks at him and the good old boy exclaims "there is no way in hell I am going to even take a chance that my kid is from Chicago"
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 11:43am
In Memoriam

Ronny, a very wise man I know is noted for saying "Get in, get done, get out".

Good advice for this thread.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Juraissic,

Probably good advice. But, do you mind telling me why? You can email me offline.

Mulk
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Just because race is the subject that you disagree about, doesn't mean that all blacks are like this or all whites are like that. Ya gotta shrug it off the way you would with Jurassic, or that obnoxious coach that keeps starting new threads about Dan.
[/B]
Pardon?

Exactly wherethell did I post about race- either in this thread or any other thread?

I don't appreciate being brought into this argument. [/B][/QUOTE]

Woody --

Sorry to bring you in to it. and sorry to be so clumsy about it. I was just referring to your crotchety nature and not to anything you've ever said about race. I was trying to say that Ronny should use the same patience with Jeff that some might need to deal with the "old coots" on the board. I hereby let you OUT of this thread officially and completely.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Juraissic,

Probably good advice. But, do you mind telling me why? You can email me offline.

Mulk
Ronny, I think he's referring to what I did in this thread. Get in, make your point, get out. Don't get bogged down in it. It's not going anywhere.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 12:44pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Juraissic,

Mulk
Ronny, I think he's referring to what I did in this thread. Get in, make your point, get out. Don't get bogged down in it. It's not going anywhere.
Amen!
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 01:04pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
[/B]
Woody --

Sorry to bring you in to it. and sorry to be so clumsy about it. I was just referring to your crotchety nature and not to anything you've ever said about race. I was trying to say that Ronny should use the same patience with Jeff that some might need to deal with the "old coots" on the board. I hereby let you OUT of this thread officially and completely. [/B][/QUOTE]"Crotchety" I can live with, Juulie.

I just wanted to make sure that "crotchety" doesn't include never listening to someone else's viewpoint and then admitting it if I was wrong. As in the BBallCoach mentioned in the same sentence as me. When you get into these racially-themed posts, you are never gonna change another poster's mind- no matter how compelling your argument(or logic) might be. The arguments are usually more emotional than logical, and that's why I keep away from them.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 04:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: History

Quote:
Rainmaker,

Two or three years ago, Rut lampooned a mechanics issue regarding the non-calling official informing the coach. That was fine but what he did to personalize it was to question people's (mine especially) manhood. i.e. "if you are scared of the coach, you can't ACA.

If you are going to tell the story, tell the entire story. That is a flat out lie. What I said then and I continue to say, if you call a foul, you called it, it is not going to hurt anyone to go tell the coach yourself. And I used a very common phrase with officials in and out of the Chicago area, before the NF made the change this year. There are other parts of the State of Illinois other than what goes on is Chicago. And this philosophy was taught to me by officials outside of Chicago.

And how long ago was that. Get over it already. A real man would have been moved on from that. Now you sound like a girl I once dated that brought up something that I did when we first met. There is a reason I do not date her anymore. That was about 2 or 3 years ago.

Good Lord!!!

Peace
Old Sun Jan 11, 2004, 12:55pm
Huck Finn

Wink

Rut, man it isn't worth the argument. Even though you know some things, they are better left unsaid.
Closed Thread