View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 08, 2004, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Re: You KNOW better than I would.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I will bet that even if he marked you off, if you wanted to, your probably would never have to go back to the predominantly African-American school again and function. So if you want to think it was racially motivated, that is up to you. You know the history of the school and the circumstances of that school and other white officials in that area. You were there, it is up to you to come to the conclusion as to why you were marked off. Do not try to act like what people do in our daily lives, we cannot be precepetive enough to "see the writing on the wall." Many African-Americans are very aware when they are being treated differently and can see that without anyone saying anything to confirm it. Give us some credit.
And I don't doubt that's true. I've never been in a black man's shoes but I have been treated unfairly because I was white.

I've also seen situations where people attempted to play the race card when it wasn't happening. And you've seen it, too. We've all seen it. And that hurts those who really are being discriminated against. It can be like the boy who cried wolf.

In the end, whether it's you or me, unless a man tells us that he didn't want us there because we're black or white, it's simply speculation and perception as to why we're not wanted back. Unless we're told, I have no way of KNOWING and you have no way of KNOWING.

Just wanted to make that point. I'm done.

Incidentally, I still work football games at that same school.