View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 08, 2004, 03:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb You KNOW better than I would.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef

How do you KNOW what his motiviation was?
Just like when I get stopped by the Police in a high priced car and I am not ticketed, but asked more about the car and what I do for a living, you tend to cross off possible reasoning. It does not help that the community this principal came from has had race problems in the past. It was and is a very recognized place for African-Americans in all walks of life to not be caught in that community. Because as an official of my racial makeup, if I want to work games (at that time) I have to work in many communities like this. As a matter of fact, I had no choices to work in communities where the entire school was all-Black. I would also like to say, that the individuals that were around and were all not people of color, thought the very same thing. The assignor, the official I worked with that night, a few mentors of mine, all thought the same thing. Maybe it was not, but he did all the things that pointed in that direction.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef

I ask because I have a similiar situation.

Two years ago, a AD who is black and works at a pre-dominantly black school, marked me off. He did not mark off either of my two partners. Should I suspect that the markoff is racially motivated? More importantly, how can I KNOW that's why he marked me off?
I will bet that even if he marked you off, if you wanted to, your probably would never have to go back to the predominantly African-American school again and function. So if you want to think it was racially motivated, that is up to you. You know the history of the school and the circumstances of that school and other white officials in that area. You were there, it is up to you to come to the conclusion as to why you were marked off. Do not try to act like what people do in our daily lives, we cannot be precepetive enough to "see the writing on the wall." Many African-Americans are very aware when they are being treated differently and can see that without anyone saying anything to confirm it. Give us some credit.

Peace