The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 25, 2018, 09:05pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
MTD, this will not be found on the mhsaa online rules meeting which is a voiceover boilerplate of the nfhs produced PowerPoint. This came by way of the interpretations which came out later than that, but when I asked the new associate director about it he said we are going to enforce it in our state this year. Therefore I put it in all the power points that I produce.

Freddy:

I watched the MichiganHSAA Online State Rules Meeting this afternoon. It was at least 40 minutes too long, but I received my certificate to print, LOL! And I download a copy of all of your PPt presentations.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Oct 26, 2018, 03:28pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I'm just getting sick of being the "bad guy", the "overly officious official". It's not a great way to build good rapport with a coach when, even before the game begins, I'm telling him he has some equipment or uniform issues to deal with.

*I like your use of alliteration; however, as long as there is going to be differential preference for rules enforcement [within states, let alone between states], then I fear we will always have this dilemma. I for one can honestly say that I am not in favor of the "rolled" appearance of shorts--looks trashy and unkept. But I guess we should blame the Michigan Fab Five for this trend. Alas...the pendulum now swings back the other way now. Even LeBron is wearing shorts that are 'shorter'. I wish you all a fine season of rules enforcement and enjoyment of the contests.
Excuse me while I go shave off my 7 months of beard growth prior to the season starting
Old Fri Oct 26, 2018, 03:44pm
Esteemed Forum Member

And Get A Flu Shot ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Ref View Post
Excuse me while I go shave off my 7 months of beard growth prior to the season starting
Remember to stock up on some much needed items:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Oct 29, 2018, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Remember to stock up on some much needed items:

*Ohh OK, thanks for the list--I'll need to order at least 2 of the 'Collared Ref Shirts"; and just maybe I can get a better look with the blu blocker shades on.

*Just got the word from the State Interpreter: according to him we are to ALLOW rolled shorts even if the manufacturer's logo is visible--as long as the players have the tie-string is tucked in. So, I guess I'm reversing my stance...but hey at least I don't have to bother with telling coaches about the rolled shorts. Now I can focus on improving on getting the coaches out of their 30 seconds time out [stop abusing the 30 sec time out is what our crew got dinged on in an eval last season].