Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 19, 2017, 04:39pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Stories Around The Campfire ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I thought it was in the 90s ...
You could be right. Like I said, ancient times.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri May 19, 2017, 04:47pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Coaches ??? Smart ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
Did a coach get Td up every time it was applied?
It really wasn't a big deal at the time.

Team A inbounder throws the ball and it hits a wall out of bounds. Team B gets the ball at the original throwin spot.

Team A inbounder throws the ball and it hits the scorer's table out of bounds. Team B gets the ball at the original throwin spot.

Team A inbounder throws the ball and it hits the police officer in the corner out of bounds. Team B gets the ball at the original throwin spot.

Team A inbounder throws the ball and it hits a coach out of bounds. Team B gets the ball at the original throwin spot.

Team A inbounder throws the ball and it hits a substitute on the bench out of bounds. Team B gets the ball at the original throwin spot.

Team A inbounder throws the ball and it hits an opponent player out of bounds. Team B gets the ball at the original throwin spot.

Who's going to complain? Do you really think that coaches are that smart?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri May 19, 2017 at 04:57pm.
Old Fri May 19, 2017, 07:12pm
High Five Master

Billy, I'm having trouble figuring out how these are different from rules as written today, except the last one. All the others would still be applied the same, right?
Old Fri May 19, 2017, 11:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Casebook Interpretation ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilRef View Post
Billy, I'm having trouble figuring out how these are different from rules as written today, except the last one. All the others would still be applied the same, right?
Correct. And I don't believe that last one was a rule, but rather, an ancient casebook interpretation, that changed a long time ago.

Old Sat May 20, 2017, 06:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilRef View Post
It's (more-or-less -- I didn't get out the exact wording to see if this is exact) ust a conflict between two rules -- "causing the ball to go OOB", and "not throwing the ball so it's touched inbounds." For a couple of years, FED chose to say the latter had precedence.

And, it applied whether the player was from team A or team B.
Old Sat May 20, 2017, 01:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Amazin' ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
It's (more-or-less -- I didn't get out the exact wording to see if this is exact) ust a conflict between two rules -- "causing the ball to go OOB", and "not throwing the ball so it's touched inbounds." For a couple of years, FED chose to say the latter had precedence. And, it applied whether the player was from team A or team B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It always amazes me that some vestige of this ancient rule, in one form, or another, hangs around even though the rule changed over thirty years ago.