The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 17, 2017, 01:24pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
Really, they should just fix the sloppy drafting that led to unintended consequences and required interps. They can get rid of this mess by taking TC out of the TI, and changing the def of a TC foul to a foul that occurs either (1) when there is TC, or (2) during throw in (with appropriate definition of when that ends for purposes of TC). Sometimes the instinct (not just here, but in life) is to try to tinker to fix rather than just identify the actual problem and go back and fix it properly.
This, this, this. Yep.

They've been tinkering for years now rather than fixing the mess they made. Now it seems like they're just being stubborn about it and refusing to acknowledge there's a problem.
Old Tue Jan 17, 2017, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

As we all said when this first came out -- if we can have (by definition) a PC foul when there is no PC, then we can have (by definition) a TC foul when there is no TC.
Old Tue Jan 17, 2017, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Bandaid on top of a bandaid on top of gauze over another bandaid and a cast, all topped by ACE and another bandaid ... at this point nothing's touching skin anymore.

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Jan 17, 2017, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Bandaid on top of a bandaid on top of gauze over another bandaid and a cast, all topped by ACE and another bandaid ... at this point nothing's touching skin anymore.
Can we sue somebody for that injury? For my headache its caused....Its a cluster. They need to start over....

Last edited by BigCat; Tue Jan 17, 2017 at 05:42pm.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2017, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Game Management

I ran this play past a few 'Veteran' officials. A particular official basically said to set aside the rules and use 'Game Management'. I assume he was implying to give the ball back to Team A.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2017, 03:12pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
I ran this play past a few 'Veteran' officials. A particular official basically said to set aside the rules and use 'Game Management'. I assume he was implying to give the ball back to Team A.
The sign of a veteran who doesn't want to bother with the rules because they make his life more difficult.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2017, 03:19pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
The sign of a veteran who doesn't want to bother with the rules because they make his life more difficult.
The more years I add to my career, the more I have sympathy for this.....in very limited circumstances.
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

Saw a real-world IW. HS JV boys (high quality JV), close game, under 2 minutes. Blue driving toward basket. Weak whistle -- some stop, some don't, blue misses runner in lane. Real whistle. Jump signal -- AP favors white. Most parents hopelessly confused with what is happening. Blue coach upset. Referees get together for a surprisingly long time. Blue given ball back. Parent on white team yells "C'mon refs, you can;t just give them the game!"

It looked to me that at first I though the official was going to pretend the whistle hadn't happened -- but thought better of it. That delay, however, added to the confusion, and may have lead to his jump signal. But they got together and got it right. (Dang it, this forum has me spending way too much time paying attention to what the refs do and how they do it at my son's games . . .still not quite as bad as when I watch soccer games though . . .)
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The more years I add to my career, the more I have sympathy for this.....in very limited circumstances.
Sid Borgia (I think): "I don't call fouls, I dispense justice."
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

If it's a blow out go with the decision that gives the ball getting the snot beat out of them.